Soapy tires...

Never heard of that but after blowing bubbles to show where leak is maybe the residue from the soap seals it after drying. Wouldn`t want to depend on that on a race tire.
Maybe try egg whites, LOL. Egg whites will seal a pin hole in a radiator.
Slime was made for that.

I do this with our racing slicks. I wipe straight dawn dish soap onto the insides of the tire. It helps seal up the pores in natural rubber. You can dust them with talcum powder as well.

I do this with our racing slicks. I wipe straight dawn dish soap onto the insides of the tire. It helps seal up the pores in natural rubber. You can dust them with talcum powder as well.
Why do you feel the need to "seal" the pores of the rubber from the inside of your tires? Do you not do any type of internal prep?

Why do you feel the need to "seal" the pores of the rubber from the inside of your tires? Do you not do any type of internal prep?
not only that, think about what dawn says on their commercials, its a grease cutter.
dont even use that stuff to clean your tires, it will ruin all your prep work.
cheap moisturizing shampoo or a product made for cleaning tires.

To the OP.. find out where the leak is by putting it under water in a tub etc, and fix it from there.

I don’t do this on kart tires. I do on my drag cars slicks. They will bleed down over a week or so. Never had a need to on kart tires.

How do you fix a leaking burris tire?
burris had some tires that leaked in the sidewall new.
small patch on the inside, just like patching a bike tube, but my guess anyone under 35 hasnt even done that
The one we had leaking I just smeared some urethane over the area and allowed it to cure fully before mounting it back up

Last edited:
I was told if you add some soapy water to inside of a tire it will stop air loss? Any truth to this?

The simple of it is you NEVER use or put anything containing water inside your tires. Prep or to mount.

Reason: Water/ water vapor is what expands when tires heat up racing changing your air pressure on the track.

Thanks XXX. It is on the sidewall right where there year is stamped. Ill try that. Was thinking about trying to vulcanize the outside maybe.

And yes burris track. Patched many of tires but most my age you are right they probably cant even change a tire let a lone patch one.

Update. I did the left rear on the Kart. It worked great, stopped leaking air. I have also done 4 5" rain tires I had and put them on my Kart wagon I pull the racer with. Works great. And tried a Racing Mower tire, seems to work fine for that. I doubt that small amount of water would have any effect on performance. You can't even hear it in the tire. And yes I can change tires...

Back