Soft tire or Hard tire!!

racerx59m

I have run soft yellow Vegas duro 32 to 29 on a dryslick track came off the back starting 7th of my light heat and did the same thing in medium too!And finished 2nd twice!I thought is was supposed to be a hard tire for a dryslick track!Why did it work?Then went with a harder Hoosier tire on a wet track that duro 45 to 40 and swept the night!Can someone please explain this to me!

its all about the base. 40-45 is a medium base, 29-32 soft base, harder the base harder the tire, the condition of the base dictates what final prep we use

I have run soft yellow Vegas duro 32 to 29 on a dryslick track came off the back starting 7th of my light heat and did the same thing in medium too!And finished 2nd twice!I thought is was supposed to be a hard tire for a dryslick track!Why did it work?Then went with a harder Hoosier tire on a wet track that duro 45 to 40 and swept the night!Can someone please explain this to me!
Theres one answer there. Vega is not a hard tire, and work great for soft tracks.

Big difference is a 40 tire and a 45 tire.
Just because track is a bit wet, dont mean its low bite.
Bite in the track determines how hard or soft you need to be, just a general rule of thumb is the softer the track the softer the tire. Knowing how much softer is key.

Back