soft tires an bite

popup

Jst wondering what most use to soften a maxxis tire down to a 40-48 duro an then add bite in tire an keep it at 40-48 to run on a low to med grip surface an what prep should be used during week an how much of what prep inside gonna race at outback in sc. Thanks

Jst wondering what most use to soften a maxxis tire down to a 40-48 duro an then add bite in tire an keep it at 40-48 to run on a low to med grip surface an what prep should be used during week an how much of what prep inside gonna race at outback in sc. Thanks

For Weekly wiping and conditioning I would use GK1 Blue.

I don't know what "most" use, but I can tell you that "some" use our Pink Panther internal and Monster Bite external to get their Maxxis down to the low 50s and high 40s if needed. Each wipe of our Monster Bite will drop the duro 2-3 points. Depending on how much internal you are using, it could easily be dropped into the 40s. I'
d start with 4 ounces in the right sides, 3 in the lr, and 2 in the lf if using Pink Panther.

If you have any questions regarding our prep line and tire program, please feel free to give us a call at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Big difference in between a 40 duro Maxxis and a 48 duro Maxxis, Outback you want closer to the 40 mark. Im in Woodruff, just down the road, and lots are using goat there. Once they are at the duro they need, they add a good bite prep, or stay with the goat.
If you need more answers to any questions, or would like more help with your questions, feel free to contact me.

Big difference in between a 40 duro Maxxis and a 48 duro Maxxis, Outback you want closer to the 40 mark. Im in Woodruff, just down the road, and lots are using goat there. Once they are at the duro they need, they add a good bite prep, or stay with the goat.
If you need more answers to any questions, or would like more help with your questions, feel free to contact me.
Not from the area, It seems like most the guys suggest Vegas if you are needing something that soft. Is this a maxxis only track?

Back