sonik help

Not high jacking this thread but since you mention 103rd/Jax I was told last year at a Vintage Meet there that the track being owned by city, it was always open during normal hours for test tune/hot laps, etc. IS this so??

Yes, the track is open and is basically a city park. Its the best spent tax dollars I've ever seen lol. The kart club basically keeps it up, and I have alot of respect for the work those guys do. You can go and run anytime its open except when the races are going on. Its a pretty good sized track and turn 1 is amazing.

Josh, thanks for the additional info. I was there for the first time I beleive last Jan for a Vintage Kart event and heard the bit about public and open most times for use. Thanks again.

So I'm new to sonik engines an I'm replacing my Reed valves in my sonik tx 125 n I took the Reed cage off an after a day the engine started leaking water is this normal?

Hey y’all, I just picked up our karts from storage. My dad has a sweet tony kart with a sonik engine on it. Unfortunately it’s been sitting in our storage room for about 15 years!! The gas was drained, but I’m not 100% when it was. I’m at a crossroads as to if I totally rebuild it or should in clean it out and try to run it.. anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Does it rotate easily ?
No stiff spots or funny sounds ?
Storage room as in climate controlled or back shed .
My feeling is most will say rebuild .

Does it rotate easily ?
No stiff spots or funny sounds ?
Storage room as in climate controlled or back shed .
My feeling is most will say rebuild .
Rotation is great, no spots that sound bad or gets stuck in any way. And it’s just a storage unit in Texas, mostly really high temperatures and mid to low temperatures in the winter. It was on a cart stand and the unit was totally enclosed, so there shouldn’t be any water damage to it.

Cylinder , crank and rod bearing need oil .
Best would be take it off kart pour thin oil or oil /gas in carb and rotate engine all around then turn over by hand with plug out .
Or pour a litte in the cylinder rotate engine.
Try to gett as much excess oil out as possible , you dont want a liquid lock up .
Run a rich gas oil mix .
Carb could need attention .

Back