Southwest MO / NW AR / SE KS / NE OK

417Jones

Any kart racing tracks opening up within an hour of Carthage, Missouri for the 2021 season?? I know they used to race at Civil War Arena but it looks like that has ended.

There is a track in Butterfield mo, right outside of casseville and they have been racing for a few years and always have a great turnout of karts on racenight from what i have heard, i am gonna race there this coming season. Looks like exactly and hour from you. It is 40 mins from me so not that bad of a drive

Clone light/medium/heavy, Open motor class it has to be 4 stroke and single sylinder engine, predator light/medium/heavy, Clone Jr1 Jr2 Jr3, and then htye will have like quarter midgets that have predators and a few other. Dont quote me on the open motor rules or the quarter midget class but i know they have the adult clone classes and adult predator classes and the jr clone classes. You can look on there facebook page and that has all the info you would need.

Thanks. Do you know what engine classes they have ran on a weekly basis?
He is talking about Twister Alley in Butterfield MO. They race basically every other week from March to October. They run NKA Clones with 300lb, 350lb, and 400lb limits. They run their own Predator rules with the same weight rules. Check their facebook page for the predator rules, sometimes they change a little year to year. They run Rookies, JR1, 2, and 3, Stock Appearing and Open. They occasionally have quarter midgets but these are not every race.

They run a pretty good show and have high kart counts to prove it. Track is red clay and is TYPICALLY in great shape and has fair grip. I think they averaged roughly 140 entries this season with a couple races around 170 and the season ender two weeks ago they had over 200.

Ok thanks for the info. Are the clone classes gas or alky? Also, are you allowed to run any tire you want? What is a good starting point for gearing on a medium clone?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the info. Are the clone classes gas or alky? Also, are you allowed to run any tire you want? What is a good starting point for gearing on a medium clone?
Gas only 87 tested against the gas station right up the road. Clone and predator classes are required to be slicks I think, but any brand you want. A lot of guys use maxxis, and Cobras made a strong showing this year. When I was set up for Clone Heavy I was looking at a 12/62-64.

E3 is ok, just not the same quality run show as Twister. And every time I have been there the track has been so rough it was undriveable.
I saw a video of some karts running there not to long ago and it seemed very muddy and and the karts were bouncing all over the place. I have never been there so i ddint really know that because i havnt heard of many people going there.

I saw a video of some karts running there not to long ago and it seemed very muddy and and the karts were bouncing all over the place. I have never been there so i ddint really know that because i havnt heard of many people going there.
Its incredibly small. More just a circle than anything. They tend to overwater it right before they pack it, so the the mud tires on the truck they roll it with pulls the surface apart and makes it "seal" with big junks everywhere. I dont like knocking a track, but it is the roughest track ive ever seen, and its the entire track. Its not just a hole here or there, its just everywhere. If they wouldnt roll it with too much water and the truck they use it'd probably be better.

They aren't nearly as professional in how they run the show as Twister, but thats a different discussion.

Its incredibly small. More just a circle than anything. They tend to overwater it right before they pack it, so the the mud tires on the truck they roll it with pulls the surface apart and makes it "seal" with big junks everywhere. I dont like knocking a track, but it is the roughest track ive ever seen, and its the entire track. Its not just a hole here or there, its just everywhere. If they wouldnt roll it with too much water and the truck they use it'd probably be better.

They aren't nearly as professional in how they run the show as Twister, but thats a different discussion.
Good to know. I had thoughts of maybe taking my kart up there a few times when twister alley isnt racing but as much money I have put into my kart i think it will just stay in the shop and not go to that track. That is just so hard on your kart. Thanks for the info.

If no one tries to tell them what they are doing wrong they will never know. Everyone has an opinion just give yours tactfully. If its that bad maybe those tall treads hoosier sells will gain you some ground clearance and lower air to cushion the ride?

If no one tries to tell them what they are doing wrong they will never know. Everyone has an opinion just give yours tactfully. If its that bad maybe those tall treads hoosier sells will gain you some ground clearance and lower air to cushion the ride?
I sent them a tactful message a while back, and basically got told that its the way they like it. It would be crazy fast if it was smooth, its just not. Ive considered going to treads to make it ride easier.

I have seen videos where the track has big clumps of dirt on it and going to different rtires isnt gonna do anything for how bad of condition the track was in those nights. When comparing twister alley's surface and E3's surface twister alleys looks well taken care of it and looks way faster.

Back