sp-7 set-up help stock heavy

running a 2006 sp-7 stock heavy, 375 pounds, flathead. driver 200 lbs, 6'1". select xl seat.

bullring, dry/little bite. 33a's. 12/65 track, sweeping turns. momentum track.

Was hoping someone with experience with that kart would chime in, but I have seen them some. for That model and little bite I'd go with a more balanced set--up like.
45 % nose
55.5% left
57% cross

Seat centered in front, center rear 1/4" right of rotar, back of seat 9 1/8th" off axle

RR in close to cassette hanger, Left rear 3/4" off Cassette

Rt Fr Neg camber 2.65
Lt Fr pos camber .6

Toe left out strong 1/16th "

1 1/2" front stagger, 1 1/8th to 1 1/4" rear stagger.

Stock Caster

Then I would look at individual wheel weight the Rt front is gonna be little more than the Lt fr but I would look real close at the Lt Fr and RR I would want those with in 2 to 5 lbs of each other
with the RR being little less.

Not gonna say that's the best you'll get BUT it will give ya a good baseline start.

Good Luck !!

Racing Promoter numbers (I added front percentage) with 46% front. Saves you some time doing the math. let me know if you want a different front percentage.
Untitled-3 7 1 2020.jpg

20200701_114438.jpg

This is what I startes out for lites and mediums from 04-08. Ran a 1/10 mile low bite track called greatlakes in Bellevue Ohio. That was with a flathead as well. Stagger looks right from RP

View attachment 9918
This is what I startes out for lites and mediums from 04-08. Ran a 1/10 mile low bite track called greatlakes in Bellevue Ohio. That was with a flathead as well. Stagger looks right from RP
With so little weight on the LR, I'm wondering if you need any stagger at all. As soon as you start turning that wheel's going to be off the ground.
Untitled-4 7 1 2020.jpg

Back