Spacer in a rear wheel hub

I race 206 and I just received my 62mm wheel hubs I ordered. I am swapping out a longer pair, and when I took those off I realized there were what appears to be a spacer on the inside of each rear hub. I bought this kart used and never noticed them before. I will post a picture of them if I can. Should I put these spacers back inside the shorter hubs? A friend from my local track with alot more experience than me said he had never heard of spacers inside a rear wheel hub before.

Attachments

• 20200116_150429_resized.jpg
    20200116_150429_resized.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200116_150426_resized_1.jpg
    20200116_150426_resized_1.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like sprint racing. Yes, sometimes these can be put in to keep the hubs from sliding inward if there's not 2 pinch bolts. They effectively make the hub act "shorter" than it is, while keeping the wheelbase out... But they also weaken the grip of hub on axle for outward forces, so.....use at your own risk and judgement.

Yes like ted says its simply to keep the hub from sliding in .
I feel they also stiffen the axle .
I would run it with them out if it handles better or is a few tenths faster your golden.
If not put them back on .

Quick tuning tool, dollarbill. They are available in several thicknesses and color coded,and help prevent hubs creeping in. I believe they are usually used when you have a shorter axle, but find you need to widen the rear to adjust for grip. My son finds them quite useful and easier to use than a measuring tape each round. Just invested in a 40mm set for our new 4-stroke chassis.
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.02.14 AM.png

Thanks for the replies. I took them out and was at gopro this past Tuesday. I was able to put up my fastest time ever, 60.1..I'm getting there, just need more practice, and keep trying to learn as much as I can about how to make adjustments.

Back