Spare parts

Throttle cable , clutch / axle keys , spark plug and air filter.
Complete fuel line , safety wire and zip ties .
Wheel nuts and studs. Or hubs .

Last edited:
Ideally one of everything that bolts on if you can swing it. I have 2+ of almost everything, but our closest track is 2 hrs away, the only way we're not racing is if the frame is junk or I don't have enough time to fix it.
The top 5 are my most important:
Spindles
Tie rods with heims
Complete axle
Chain
Motor
Front hubs
Nerf bars
Bumpers
Clutch
Caster blocks
Steering shafts
Body (drilled out to fit either kart)

Little nuts and bolts. Set screws. Misc carb parts. Chain.

What parts do you recommend keeping on hand and how many

That really depends on how serious you want to compete.
For series and points racing:
A spare engine, clutch, body, complete rear axle, set of spindles, L blocks, and tie rods are all made up and kept in our trailer (just in case.)

For some local racers, it's quite alright to pack it in after a hard hit, rather than try to rebuild the kart at the track. There's some nights I've felt like that too. LOL

This question also depends highly on the quality of your track parts vendor.
We were fortunate to have a real good parts man at the track that I did tech at, and the boys raced at. Keith @ Precision Racecraft, stocks his track truck very well. Having a parts truck ourselves for many years, I understand how difficult it is to have "everything" that racers will need on race day -- it goes well beyond the consumables....forgotten neckbraces, TONS of misc. hardware, fuel, oil of every brand, chassis parts, engine parts & gaskets for multiple engines, tire preps, it goes on and on.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back