Spark plug help

Jwimb91

I’m new to predators and all. I Pulled the head off my hemi 212 and there was a lot of black sludge build up on top of the piston as well as the head. I was told I needed a hotter spark plug. Any advice on this subject?

Sounds like oil in the combustion.
With the low tension rings this can happen.
A hotter plug won't cure it.

Do a leakdown test and see for certain what it is you are dealing with. If it’s blow by it could be the rings not sealing up however the build up can also be caused by an rich jetting and the junk ethanol heavy fuel we are forced to run today.

Or if its all stock just buy another one .
What do you know about jets thats in it ?
Which plug you run ?
Clean it up reassemble , leak test or. Install hotter plug .
Why you take it apart ?

i took it apart to remove the governor. And while I had everything off I decided to pull the head. it was spitting and sputtering at wot after 10-15 laps on a 1/10th mile oval track. The previous owner installed a .045 emulsion tube, .035 jet , and a larger low speed jet. And it is just the stock torch plug that comes in them. Gonna do a leak test tomorrow. The oil had some gas in it as well. It seems as if I’m chasing a chain of problems.

Yea dump that plug . New Carb might be best , just get one from Dover , or reset everything . Between the plug and carb 96% of the problem.

The 3910x is the one most run . It works but can foul out so have two .
Me i like mine a little hotter .
Autolite 63 , 64 or 3935 .
Ngk 7 or 8 .
You can get platnium or iridium if you want .
Plugs the first and simplest thing too change when trouble arises .

Back