Spark Plug Machining

b40

On a Briggs Animal Alcohol engine, is it legal to machine the shoulder of the spark plug to get it further in to the cylinder head under NKA rules? I didn't see anything in the rule book that specifically mentioned the spark plug, other than the blanket statement below.

40.5.1: Approved components
All components to be OEM unless otherwise specified. Gaskets and fasteners non-tech
unless otherwise specified. Gasket sealer acceptable on all machined surfaces unless
otherwise specified. All parts to be stock appearing and are subject to be compared to a
known stock OEM part.

I need a new rule book it's like an encyclopedia.
20190518_193748.jpg

On a Briggs Animal Alcohol engine, is it legal to machine the shoulder of the spark plug to get it further in to the cylinder head under NKA rules? I didn't see anything in the rule book that specifically mentioned the spark plug, other than the blanket statement below.

40.5.1: Approved components
All components to be OEM unless otherwise specified. Gaskets and fasteners non-tech
unless otherwise specified. Gasket sealer acceptable on all machined surfaces unless
otherwise specified. All parts to be stock appearing and are subject to be compared to a
known stock OEM part.
NKA RULES I missed that.
I do not see any reference to the spark plug specifically.
The standard if we don't say you can't , does not mean you can .
THE RUB is compare too stock OEM part .
Maybe they don't care :unsure:

B40, where are you running that techs the animal per NKA rules?
I think most everywhere in the country is still going by WKA or IKF for their alcohol animals.
Even if the track uses NKA for insurance and for clone tech, generally the engine tech for animals still follows the old rule sets.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back