Spark Plug replacement

My view is that a spark plug is like a factory worker -- you replace them when they no longer do their job.
We replace them at every engine rebuild (some have been run a fulls season or more.)
Likewise, we have customers that replace them every race day.
I personally see no reason to replace a spark plug if it is sparking when it is told to.

🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Brian, have heard any rumor about the 3910X plug for the 206 not being manufactured anymore

FYI they don't make the 3910x anymore autolite stopped making the X plugs i guess you can use them till there gone

Oops this failed to load the response I just got from Autolite which stated 3910x is still an active part number.

how often do you all experience spark plug failure in your daily drivers? or your generators and lawn mowers? seems like you have bad luck in your racing engines.
My wife new car has had 2 plugs go bad, and just the other day a coil pack went bad, all under warranty so no big deal.
Generator and lawnmower are not modified, lawn mower gets a new plug every season, generator doesnt get used much, and if my generator fouls a plug it isnt going to cost us a race.
An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.
The latemodel gets new plugs every week

Oops this failed to load the response I just got from Autolite which stated 3910x is still an active part number.
not in any current catalog and you will not get it looking in the part look up. the idiots on the phone say yeah 3910 when you say X???? they say X? oh.... X...NO LONGER MADE.

first person to find any information on any X plug current manufacture (with four grounds surrounding the electrode) 3910x 32 x 24x any x plug I will send them a box of 4 3010x plugs. i'll be waiting.

Autolite's website says its on national backorder. That doesn't always correlate to no longer made until the end of time. Especially in todays climate.

What an odd thing to grandstand about. If it weren't available anymore everyone would switch to the closest equivalent and continue to live our lives.

Autolite's website says its on national backorder. That doesn't always correlate to no longer made until the end of time. Especially in todays climate.

What an odd thing to grandstand about. If it weren't available anymore everyone would switch to the closest equivalent and continue to live our lives.
pm me your address

I'm not concerned about it, just the fact that they aren't discontinued is nice and hopefully they keep making them for the foreseeable future.

not in any current catalog and you will not get it looking in the part look up. the idiots on the phone say yeah 3910 when you say X???? they say X? oh.... X...NO LONGER MADE.

This came from Autolites website today, with the chat live help people. quit with the Chicken Little stuff.

Brian, have heard any rumor about the 3910X plug for the 206 not being manufactured anymore
I have no problems getting 3910X plugs, but I don't buy them from Autolite OR Autozone. :D
I've heard all sorts of rumors about all sorts of parts for the 206 -- mostly from guys who race, sell, and work on, CLONES.
I'll believe it when it happens. Until then, keep soldiering on sourcing other parts that ARE in short supply (yet not discontinued.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Would you consider trading for some Burris right side 11s or 33s ?:p
your too late Rdub3 was the first, waiting on him now. but in all seriousness can you confirm? There are no x plugs in their latest racing plug catalog they offer 1039 1023 1024 (witch were all x plug numbers) but they are conventional spark plugs. the people on the phone at autolite say they are discontinued and the info Rbub3 doesn't disprove what i've been told.

Back