Spark plug spacing

Hi all,

What is suggested that the spark plug be spaced with washers on a 206? I currently run one washer plug the Mychon lead (a bit thicker than a washer) and was curious if that was too much spacing, or not enough? Just curious and looking for input.
Thanks

If you wanted to make the most HP you would use a spark plug that went into the cylinder as far as possible without hitting the piston.
That would make more compression and, therefore, make a little more HP.
However, that would be illegal,
You are required to run the Briggs / Champion spark plug with out any modifications. You must also keep the spark plug washer on the plug.
You are not allowed to remove it even if you put the Mycron temp sensor under it!
So if you want to make the most legal HP (which i recommend) use the correct legal spark plug without the Mycron temp sensor under it.

No, overheating is not an issue since the engines are built to fit a very conservative rule set (ie no tape on the shroud, spark plug, spec header, spec jetting, etc etc.)

No need to run the CHT temp lead unless it just makes you feel better. :)

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Good to know! I didn't think they would face overheating concerns, but hearing it from the experts is reassuring. Thanks Brian

In some parts of the country where they race at night hoping that it cools down to 100*F you have more of an issue with the driver overheating.
You definitely don't want to do anything that would restrict air flow into the blower housing.

Back