Spec Tire For Entry Level Class <opinions please>

We are running those damned ol Predators for a 3rd Season down here in Texas.

Kicking around the idea for a spec tire for this class.

Unili
King
EL

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank You

Jason Foux

I don't have any experience with the kings but I think els are the best tire core entry level . They cost more than the unilli but last a lot longer. We could only run the unillis about 6 races before the chords were showing.

go to a factory treads only rule. tires last longer and prep doesn't really do anything since you have more grip then you need with them anyway.

The EL is a good spec tire that will last a while, they are also a reasonable price. The Kings tires are not a bad tire at all the sidewall is a little stiffer than a Maxxis pink get the newer style Kings they duro around 58 new and the price is not bad on them. To me personally the Unilli is junk, they don't hold size very well and you constantly have to mess with stagger you get what you pay for.

i would stay away from unilli all so. nothing but problems with stagger, the kings are pretty good tire,i dont think they last as long as a E.L's the best bang for buck is the E.L. for spec tire that you can run almost all season, they seem to get faster more races you put on them.

The Unilli is fine... and last just as long as any other tire... pink are king are vega.. doesn't matter.. with the stagger .. its to easy just leave left side tires almost flat and right side with bout 10lbs .. set air psi at track... so I dont know what the fuss is about.. its all opinions. . Some that comment haven't even tried them just heard from others.. now for the question.. for a beginner class I would say unilli are king.. which ever give you the most support .. I believe Ron at unilli will give the most back to us racers so thats what I would go with... plus they are the cheapest tire..an easier to drive than el... so for beginners they maybe a little easier to get a hold of an no what the tire needs.. a El can get you in left field quick without proper guidance. .

The EL is a very good choice for a spec tire Bobbyq is right they do seem to get faster and they last longer if you want entry level. The people that say EL is hard don't know much about them they are pretty simple tire. The Kings are decent tires for the price we ran them a couple of times. Theres about to be a game changer now that Moree has bought Kings tires. The Unilli isn't good why waste time messing with air and stagger there's a reason they are cheap a local track here tried them and they lasted a season no one liked them.

The el most of the rest of the country a spec tire doesn't save us money just means we have to buy more tires instead of having 5 sets now I will need my regular tires plus the spec but if you use the El's most other tracks are using them as their spec tire too

Go with the EL or the new King SR coming in January. Forget Unilli we tried them and the only thing they are good for is pit buggies.

I have used Unilli, they are different tires you need to work them a little different then Maxis, or kings but I got a set to work really well, just stay away from the 12x8.00x6 rears they have to be cook to get the stagger right and even then it a crap shot but rest are good.

Cactus Speedway - We will be running the predator class in 2014 with rules - as far as tires we, probably will just set a minimum durometer reading of 50 to eliminate all the expensive and time consuming work in prep. There are lots of good tires that have been taken off that can be bought cheaply as some crews only use them once or twice.

Cactus Speedway - We will be running the predator class in 2014 with rules - as far as tires we, probably will just set a minimum durometer reading of 50 to eliminate all the expensive and time consuming work in prep. There are lots of good tires that have been taken off that can be bought cheaply as some crews only use them once or twice.

there are preps that make bite and do not drop the duro.so just going to a duro rule doesn't get the prep out of the picture

Back