Specter Gangster ???

Hey folks, I'm tinkerin with a 98 model chassis known as the specter gangster. The only problem is I havn't found a single person here below the mason dixon line who's ever seen one. The only few leads Ive stumbled across is from some freinds from up North. This kart is going to be ran in the Hobby Stock Predator class at Manchester Speedway. The kart has to be 360 lbs and must utilize the hoosier A-40 spec tire. Any ideas on set up like wheel spacing and weight percentage and tire prep? any tips are greatly appriciated

Hey folks, I'm tinkerin with a 98 model chassis known as the specter gangster. The only problem is I havn't found a single person here below the mason dixon line who's ever seen one. The only few leads Ive stumbled across is from some freinds from up North. This kart is going to be ran in the Hobby Stock Predator class at Manchester Speedway. The kart has to be 360 lbs and must utilize the hoosier A-40 spec tire. Any ideas on set up like wheel spacing and weight percentage and tire prep? any tips are greatly appriciated[/QU

The Specter is made by David Lee.I raced one back in the 90's.The kart I ran was one of the first models he built.The Gangster came along in about the time frame you mentioned .However, I thought that it was produced a year or so later.The kart probably needs a little less cross than the newer karts.Several years ago my buddy ran his Gangster at Manchester.We ran 54 left --46.5 front ---57 cross.The roll out front 1.375----rear .875-1.00..I think David Lee still builds karts..

The Gangster was available from 2000-2004. Happy to help, if you have any questions you can give us a call at the shop. The number is 843-399-4132,
Thanks,
David Lee

What are the 97-98 specters called? its got the specter racing chassis logos all over it and im almost positive its the same color that it was when it was built, wich is purple

95-99 chassis were just called a specter. If you look at the bracket that holds the master cylinder on the chassis, it might have a year code on it. First two numbers are the year and the remaining numbers is the number that it was in that year.

On the first Specters the steering column were two piece but were adjustable from side to side.Also the seat bottom mounts would adjust side to side .The inner frame rail was a continuous run from the rear right side al the way around to the left frame rail.There was a purple kart sold out of our shop that was David's show kart.

The kart you described matches this one to a T. With the adjustable seat and steering column brackets. The chassis number is 9748. So i got the 48th chassis of 1997

i think i have just bought a specter chassis???? it has hime ajustments up front.....but oddly has weight jackers on left and right rear??? any idea of year or model??

If you look at the bracket that holds the master cylinder on the chassis, it might have a year code on it. First two numbers are the year and the remaining numbers is the number that it was in that year.

Hi David lee I have an gangster chassis and I need a little help with numbers for it it an 03 model built in 08 by you it is an s bar chassis any kind of help would be awesome thank you

David Lee do you still make chassis for go karts? I ran one that Andy Buffkin had he got from you said you stopped making them. That was a sweet handling kart.

Back