Speed cost money

wrecit

Ok karting is an expensive sport even on a low budget. You will never convince me that those that make money from the sport have influence on the rules from on high.

Proof of concept: if Wiggins or the boys at Umax put that loop on the left side of their chassis first rather than it Clement doing it would anyone still be running the chassis we know and love?

Agree with the concept; I tell anyone looking for a "cheap" way to go racing that there is no such thing as a cheap way to go racing, just some ways that are less expensive than others.

Which is the main reason I don't run a 410 sprint.....

I tell a lot of new people to our sport that racing is different than stick and ball sports in several respects.

You can spend big money on a ball glove, but it doesn't make you a better baseball player.
You can spend big money on a new soccer ball, but it doesn't make you a better soccer player.
You can spend big money on a new basketball, but it doesn't make you hit more 3-pointers.

...but if you spend big money on your race car, you will undoubtedly go faster.
Whether it's new chassis, new engine, new tires, tuner/tire expert, etc, there's always an advantage to be had with spending money in racing.
Now, you still have to know what to do with it, but you can most definitely buy speed.

I tell a lot of new people to our sport that racing is different than stick and ball sports in several respects.

You can spend big money on a ball glove, but it doesn't make you a better baseball player.
You can spend big money on a new soccer ball, but it doesn't make you a better soccer player.
You can spend big money on a new basketball, but it doesn't make you hit more 3-pointers.

...but if you spend big money on your race car, you will undoubtedly go faster.
Whether it's new chassis, new engine, new tires, tuner/tire expert, etc, there's always an advantage to be had with spending money in racing.
Now, you still have to know what to do with it, but you can most definitely buy speed.
I laugh at these Memes that say pretty trailers don't win races. No they don't, but the guy with the pretty trailer can likely afford Testing, R&D, and the best of everything that makes you fast. This money allows the good driver to run up front and the great driver to dominate.

Back