Spindle question

CMR4749

So I have a 2007 icon and I ordered an lf x-factor spindle for it to get more cross. When I put it on it laid the lf wheel down all the way to 5 camber and when I tried brining it back up it made a pop when I started moving it back up and then ran out of threads on the him and only could get it to 4. I normally run 0 to +1 of camber on left front. Does anyone know why the spindle did this? Did I get the wrong one? I have a standard 5 degree spindle on it

I didn't disassemble it but when I put the 5 degree back on it was fine. I think something was bound up. I'm not 100% sure on the block I would have to look but it's whatever came standard on it. The axle is a thin wall

I didn't disassemble it but when I put the 5 degree back on it was fine. I think something was bound up. I'm not 100% sure on the block I would have to look but it's whatever came standard on it. The axle is a thin wall

Im not super familiar on the degrees of the okder phantom spindles, but the block needs to match the spindle.

If you put a 10* spindle on a 5* block, youve added 5* of camber to your camber range of the block.

Did you get a 10 degree LF x factor spindle and had the 5/6 degree L block on the kart? I'm not sure that phantom makes a 5 degree x factor. That would give you camber issues, the L block and spindle need to be corresponding degrees.

Yea that's exactly what I did lmao live and learn thanks for input guys I appreciate it I'm still rusty coming out of retirement lol. So to run the x factor spindle I would have to change the block? Which block would I use?

Yea that's exactly what I did lmao live and learn thanks for input guys I appreciate it I'm still rusty coming out of retirement lol. So to run the x factor spindle I would have to change the block? Which block would I use?
If I remember correctly stock caster blocks on the icon were 8 and 12 so possibly the 8 degree on the left will work. But if you're on pavement you are going to want to stick with the 5 degree. You might need to look into finding a high cross 5 degree spindle from another manufacturer, or having one custom made.

Icon flat kart. I was at 58% cross . I tried running with the 1/8 pill in the left rear numbers up bottom hole and it made so tight it was bound up and had a hop but I was pretty much maxed out on washer I only had 1 or 2 washer left to play with. So I was trying to get more cross to free it up

Icon generally ran with a hard left rear.
With extra stagger .
Factory numbers are not really for treads .

A 5 degree L block and spindle isn't the amount of camber or caster
5 degree references the degrees from 90* an axle is welded to the spindle tube.
Agree with JP I'd get that wiggy off.

You guys missed what he said about the pills. 1/8" hole up in the bottom hole will make your kart fly off the track. It will throw off your ride heights completely. You need hole down in the bottom hole. Then reset your cross to where it was. Two washers on bottom of RF, two on top of LF

You guys missed what he said about the pills. 1/8" hole up in the bottom hole will make your kart fly off the track. It will throw off your ride heights completely. You need hole down in the bottom hole. Then reset your cross to where it was. Two washers on bottom of RF, two on top of LF
He said numbers up, which would be hole down as recommended on the icon. He also said bottom hole.

Than for all the input guys I appreciate it deff have to hit the drawing board have some work to do but I'll definitely take off the wiggy bar and also hit the gym try to lighten me up a few pounds lmao

Back