Spindle steering arm profile

thebigo

Chassis - 2005 Millenium Tempest.
While taking the front spindles off for maintenance, I noticed the steering arms were not perpendicular to the king pin. I'm just wondering if they are bent. Can someone elaborate on the condition as per the attached pics. I don't see or feel any binding turning full left or right.
20220701_093523[1].jpg
20220701_093628[1].jpg

I've built thousands of spindles, while that one does possibly look bent, I've never intended them to be perpendicular to the barrel. For that matter, I've never checked if one was either. The angle of the arm is determined by the chassis to properly clear and not bind up the tie rod ends. Likely that arm was flat before it was welded on, I would move your straight edge up above the weld and see if it is bowed at all.

Legend - I did that on both and both are straight. Now if other Millenium owners can chime in, it would be appreciated.

I agree with Legend . If the metal isn't straight . They were probably at an angle to start with . Think about it , on the chassis . The king ping/caster and camber are all tilted . Only makes sense the steering arm would be at an angle so its straight or semi straight/flat in position .

After the first big crash . Racin is rubbin incident . A crescent wrench or vise grip straighted mine out to continue that night.

That little bend won't affect anything. If you straighten it will the steering rods still clear everything?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply. Left the spindle arms alone and checked for any binding or interference. All is good. Thank you all for the input.

Back