Spindle

Packman88

I think I may have a bent right front spindle...can only get 42.9 on cross on my Minecon . I have a triton jr, are the spindles the same ?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you can only get 42 cross, you should be able to see the bend. Yes they are the same spindles.

I doubt a spindle would make the cross read that low. I can see maybe 5%, but not over 20%.

Hopefully the frame isn't bent, but with the cross that low my experience says something is wrong with the chassis.

I doubt a spindle would make the cross read that low. I can see maybe 5%, but not over 20%.

Hopefully the frame isn't bent, but with the cross that low my experience says something is wrong with the chassis.

I think I may have figured it out, I believe my scale stand was out of wack. Took the pads off the stand and placed them directly on the floor leveled, and had 66.8 cross. Not sure if this is the right answer, but all my numbers was close after that

That would do it .
Just for a perspective look
If one washer is 1.5 % cross at .060 or roughly 1/16th inch .
That would be one inch plus to lose 20% .
Now this is at the spindle and likely not linear .

James had a very good observation .

That would do it .
Just for a perspective look
If one washer is 1.5 % cross at .060 or roughly 1/16th inch .
That would be one inch plus to lose 20% .
Now this is at the spindle and likely not linear .

James had a very good observation .

I feel better now I looked all over around the frame and did not see ant stress cracks in powder coat or anything like that. And now with the change with having the cross back I am confident it was a user error with the scales. That is good information on the washers I did not know what % of plus or minus each one could be .

I think I may have figured it out, I believe my scale stand was out of wack. Took the pads off the stand and placed them directly on the floor leveled, and had 66.8 cross. Not sure if this is the right answer, but all my numbers was close after that
I'd say you still got something off you should not have to have washers on both sides maxed out to get 67 cross.

Back