Spindles

CodyH00

How often are you replacing spindles and why ? Also looking for replacements for phenom. I would assume that some would say that spindles get fatigued or "flexed out". If so how would you tell ?

How often are you replacing spindles and why ? Also looking for replacements for phenom. I would assume that some would say that spindles get fatigued or "flexed out". If so how would you tell ?
If you find yourself chasing cross when you scale is one way to tell. Meaning washers are the same but your readings are different.

Fair. Is there any downside to old spindles if the bearings and good and you get the cross you want/need ?

Fair. Is there any downside to old spindles if the bearings and good and you get the cross you want/need ?
I would think at some point they would get less responsive. Myself as long as none get bent or I'm not chasing cross on the scales I leave them alone.

the spindles dont wear out, the bearings and the spindle bolt do, in fact the bolt takes more abuse than the spindle

I figured those should be replaced on some sort of schedule. Bushing and bearing wear is something I deal with daily. Machinist for air force. You would be amazed how fast an A10 can wear out bearings bolts and bushings

I figured those should be replaced on some sort of schedule. Bushing and bearing wear is something I deal with daily. Machinist for air force. You would be amazed how fast an A10 can wear out bearings bolts and bushings
You can get a couple of seasons out of the spindle bearings and kingpin bolts, but as our regular season maintenance, we replace all the bearings/ kingpin bolts and chain every season, keep the old for emergency replacements.

I scale at 404 with no lead. I beat up the king pins and bearings about every 4 races. I’ve only replaced spindles due to getting hit.

Spindle replacement schedule is based on total kart weight and the track characteristics.

When I ran super heavy on southeastern high bite tracks, we replaced spindles, king pins, & bearings every 10 weekends
Now my son is running JR1 & JR2 on medium bite tracks we change bearings every 10 races but we get a season out of the king pins and spindles.

If they ain't broke don't fix 'em.
I replaced spindles on the recommendation that they were 'tired.'
Zero difference, except for a lighter wallet.
Maintain the bearings and you'll be OK.

Back