Spitting out carb under power

Brianf60

One our engines hasn't sounded as crisp lately but I honestly thought it was me just looking for problems. I'm sure you have call teen there, if you finish in the back half you think it's something when usually it's driver. Last weekend before packing up ibran both our kart to get them warm because it had rained. I noticed on one you could see fuel/ air mixture blowing put the carb when reving it on tfdcstandcwith no air filter. I swapped carbs from one tobtge other with no change. (Other than theslidecand needle which is on position 3). Has anyone seen this on a 206? I assume it's an intake valve not sealing? The week before I had pulled the head and leak checked the valves, no leaks. Did a light lapping anyways just for fun and leak checked. Just for bubbles when blowing into. I will obviously check last again. It's possible I messed up.

I'm embarrassed to say but this was self-inflicted. I had set the lash too tight. I suspect it wasnt that bad when the engine was at full heat because although we finished mid-pack it wax fast enough to make some good passes on a long straight. For what it's worth the engine sounds the same. I try not to think to much into that stuff because I know how easy it is to look for things the can be fixed by just spending a few more bucks in your mind when really it mostly comes down to the driver. At least in younger age classes. No matter how much tuning I do I can't make it win unless the driver brings his A game. Thanks for the quick responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm embarrassed to say but this was self-inflicted. I had set the lash too tight. I suspect it wasnt that bad when the engine was at full heat because although we finished mid-pack it wax fast enough to make some good passes on a long straight. For what it's worth the engine sounds the same. I try not to think to much into that stuff because I know how easy it is to look for things the can be fixed by just spending a few more bucks in your mind when really it mostly comes down to the driver. At least in younger age classes. No matter how much tuning I do I can't make it win unless the driver brings his A game. Thanks for the quick responses.

I wish I could teach this to 90% of the karting dads at my track. There is no magic thing an engine builder can do to get your kid half a second. Work on driving, work on chassis tuning. Most of all: Have fun and make sure your kid is having fun...

I wish I could teach this to 90% of the karting dads at my track. There is no magic thing an engine builder can do to get your kid half a second. Work on driving, work on chassis tuning. Most of all: Have fun and make sure your kid is having fun...
Don't lose the draft on the lead karts. There is your half of a second.

Back