Sponsor

Take some pics of your stuff in action. You on the track, working on the kart, you in a parade etc. write up a page with your stats and goals. Take all that and make a nice photo book. Now load up your kart all nice and clean and hit up local shops, contractors, and even bigger farms. Show them who and what your about. Tell them all the places their name will be seen. Offer them an example size decal for a certain amount of money, increase price as decal and for placement on kart and tee shirts. ....

That's good advice right there. You have to have a resume of what you have accomplished and be ready for people to turn you down more often than not and just offer them a smile when they do. It's hard....

I work on a NASCAR modified team and I will tell you that its hard. All the above posts are dead on the money. I would suggest creating a Facebook page and after each race put together a video every week of how you ran. Wear your sponsors shirts, choose clips that show their logo and encourage people to "like" and follow your page. Social media is a fatastic tool and free to use. Invite potential sponsors to the track, and most importantly, earn their respect !! Good luck.

Back