Sponsor

austin#39

Is anyone looking for a driver for 2014
I'm 13 I race in dexter ga
2011 Charger Magnum
I'm not one of those kids that go off and play until it is time to race
I do just as much work as my dad if not more
I'm looking for a sponsor that will pay for Tires (mostly Maxxis El's and pinks)
Chassis, and Clone Motors. I'd like to choose chassis and engine builder
If you are interested PM me and I'll let you know when my next race is

Is anyone looking for a driver for 2014
I'm 13 I race in dexter ga
2011 Charger Magnum
I'm not one of those kids that go off and play until it is time to race
I do just as much work as my dad if not more
I'm looking for a sponsor that will pay for Tires (mostly Maxxis El's and pinks)
Chassis, and Clone Motors. I'd like to choose chassis and engine builder
If you are interested PM me and I'll let you know when my next race is

What do you plan on doing for the sponsor?

What he means is how would the person or business sponsoring you, benefit from just buying you these items. Sponsorship isn't just slap their sticker on your kart and here's your free stuff its more complicated then that.

I'd really do what ever they want me to do if they sponsored me
I'd put their name on the side of our enclosed trailer on the kart
They would get a percentage of winnings

The sponsor is investing a good chunk of change in your operation ok. They want to eventually get their investment back over time, and hopefully your wins will help increase their business profits. But they may not just pay outright for everything unless they see real promise in you, and you seem like a good kid, but they may normally pay a portion for somethin.

I'm still trying get sponsors my self. The problem with kart racing is there are not a lot of spectators and track ( from me ) are an hour away. I'm tell potential sponsors that I would have my kart in local parades, set up a stand for them with my kart there for are community days and have the kart in the mall during the car / race car shows with flyers of my sponsor around the kart. This could give you some ideas. With karts all of your part will be off the track.

I'm still trying get sponsors my self. The problem with kart racing is there are not a lot of spectators and track ( from me ) are an hour away. I'm tell potential sponsors that I would have my kart in local parades, set up a stand for them with my kart there for are community days and have the kart in the mall during the car / race car shows with flyers of my sponsor around the kart. This could give you some ideas. With karts all of your part will be off the track.

Bingo!!!

sponsorship is really tricky when it comes to local racing and advertisement. you are obligated to advertise more than just at dexter....they want to see their name all over the place including national events, local charity events, anywhere that the public gathers to showcase their products or services and they want to see an increase in their business. most likely you will find a sponsor that says they will give you a discount. very few sponsors pick up the tab for tires, chassis, engines and the like. And!! saying that you want to choose the engine builder and the chassis is tantamount to saying that the sponsor is only to pony up the money, but how its spent isn't up to them. that's a hard pill to swallow for some. I'm not saying that you won't find a sponsor, but they want to see a return. plus, most sponsors aren't looking for small venues....they want to see their name on tv and anywhere that large crowds gather....winning goes a long way too...they don't want a back marker or one that isn't consistently in the top three......

I wish you all the luck in the world in finding one that will help you reach your goals and one day maybe see you in a sprint car or your name on a nationwide or sprint cup car!!!!!

Go to your local businesses, Bobs is not the place to try to get sponsors, we are all doing it out of pocket

Continuing to keep the mindset that sponsorship is just a business cutting a check for getting their name on the kart and trailer .... Will continue to find you seeking sponsors.

As a Business owner myself, just winning on the track isn't enough for me to sponsor you. I'll look at if your the right image promoting my company. Being clean ( not wearing dirty torn old blue jeans and tee shirts) and defiantly you must be respectful. Truthfully most advertising budgets for 2014 have been set by now. Good luck on your search, young man.

Take some pics of your stuff in action. You on the track, working on the kart, you in a parade etc. write up a page with your stats and goals. Take all that and make a nice photo book. Now load up your kart all nice and clean and hit up local shops, contractors, and even bigger farms. Show them who and what your about. Tell them all the places their name will be seen. Offer them an example size decal for a certain amount of money, increase price as decal and for placement on kart and tee shirts. Offer them a shirt or shirts as well. Have a sponsor day at the races where you pay for them to get in. Also offer yourself and you kart for any special events they have I.E. parties, sales, stuff like that. Start small in the amounts you ask for and be ready, try your sales pitch out on family before you go, have them ask you questiions. Don't expect them to give you money you have to earn it, make them feel good about spending it. Be ready for the answer no. Be respectful at all times make sure you thank them for talking with you. Time is money to a business owner. We don't profit share with our sponsors and that is clear upfront. We do thank them often and provide them with nice track photos. Most sponsor deals you can expect this way are in the $500 range. Good luck....

Back