sprint car style fairing

I purchased the kart from Shane and he is a good friend of mine. He is not sure about it. The chassis is an older emmick.

42hnickhandly1.jpg

Originally the sprint car style fairing was made by a company named "Leslie". Their focus was fiberglass products for dirt karts (fairings, side panels, stubby dirt nose, etc.). They also made one without "the hump" but had a cutout at the top so a clear face shield could snap on it and provide better vision of your feet & bumper, as full width fairings were not the thing to use back in the day. Back in the day meaning the early '80's when they were first showing up. Unfortunately, Leslie stopped manufacturing these cool items once cookie cutter full bodies hit the scene. They preferred open wheel which was the way it was done then.

Ahh Yesssss...... The good 'ol days before the bodywork. Sideways and ridin' the cushion. :) SAE's, Kinsers, Sauders, etc., wheelies down the straightaways, oh yeah!

Im still running an SAE, will run it sat. night. I have a few flat bottom karts but dont have as much fun running them.

Just now coming onto this thread. I’m looking for the rounded verision of this fairing if anyone has one or knows where to find one.

I just saw one recently...and that would be the easier one to produce. You could probably saw apart 2 home depot buckets and make a cheap mold for a one-off Fiberglass nose... I'll do it for you if you make it worth my while, and I'll do 2 -- one for me too....

Should have a prototype available for pics this weekend if weeknight progress goes well. will keep you posted.
I am interested too. Not long ago somebody, not sure where, posted pics of 6 or so of thet style fairing, not all the same, and I should have bought one then. Not sure if it was from a Facebook kart group or where I saw it.

Back