Square exhaust

What is the thinking behind this? Do you have one and do you have pics if you do? And no I've never tried one before. Can't say I've ever seen one.

I seem to remember someone was making rectangular pipes for blue or purple plate flatheads a long time ago.

Are you just referring to the RLV muffler with square holes in the end/baffles of the muffler (for modified or open motors) or an actual square exhaust muffler?

I've never tried one & not sure that they make one for the Clone but Robertson Torque Tubes is the one I know that does make one for the Animal called the Cowtown Candy Cane. Some like them & some don't from what I've heard.

Attachments

• 1554936828951.png
    1554936828951.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 130
I wound up making a round pipe after all. These are on racing mowers and our exhaust runs forward not rearward. Thanks for the replies!

I've never tried one & not sure that they make one for the Clone but Robertson Torque Tubes is the one I know that does make one for the Animal called the Cowtown Candy Cane. Some like them & some don't from what I've heard.
This header was designed for a stock Briggs Intek off the shelf which used the factory stock plastic cam.
Made a lot of low end torque which the Inteks made at low rpm. Cowtown Speedway GoKarts was in Kennedale Texas and they ran Winged Outlaw Gokarts and the Briggs was the engine of choice at that time...

I had Rex make me one for a BS2 back in 2015 and the Clone seemed to like it...
We didn't run much in the Clone Class because we went into micro sprints but the Adult Clone Class was a fun fun class @ KAM Kartway at that time

Mr. Jerry Solt, SAE builder once told me he ran out of state and about lapped them. He had a square tube header on a flathead because thats all he had at the time to make one with, last minute. A month or so later went back to race there again and most of the karts there had square headers. He won again with round tube header this time. He don't think tube makes a difference.

Back