Ss-11 question

krtrcn

Im considering running at class that will require the ss-11 tire. I will not be able to prep them. I don't know about having them cut.
The track is always wet, semi banked and about 1/5 mile. I'll be in a 425 weight class on a LO 206.

Any air pressure help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alan

Menace61

Im considering running at class that will require the ss-11 tire. I will not be able to prep them. I don't know about having them cut.
The track is always wet, semi banked and about 1/5 mile. I'll be in a 425 weight class on a LO 206.

Any air pressure help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alan
4lbs on left and 5 on rts is the norm on the track I race at. This track is usually wet dirt, not clay.

If it stays wet you should not have to have them cut , just sand them and roll the outer edges some duplicating a round cut profile, air pressure will vary from 3 lb to 6 lb depending of available grip.

Last edited:

CarlsonMotorsports

Premium User
I don't think that knocking the shoulders off is going to work on 11's with 425# class on a 1/5 mile track.
I could be wrong though.

I also think you'll be on considerably higher air than normal.
11's have such soft/floppy sidewalls that you want to get the spring rate up as much as you can with them for your application.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I don't think that knocking the shoulders off is going to work on 11's with 425# class on a 1/5 mile track.
I could be wrong though.

I also think you'll be on considerably higher air than normal.
11's have such soft/floppy sidewalls that you want to get the spring rate up as much as you can with them for your application.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I understand your thinking but we run a lot of 11s here and yes they need rounded off even at 425 especially on the wetter tracks .
And for the heat races might not always be the ticket for the feature.

Last edited:

krtrcn

I talked to the track owner today. The way its done with the 2 classes is this. !- I supply the rims, what ever size I choose. 2- I buy the tires from them 240$ set. 3- They mount and stagger. 4- They mark them where you get your tires every time. 5- no cutting,sanding, or prepping is allowed. 6- you can only wash between practice, heat race, and main, with water at a wash station. 7- the tires are removed after your main event, they wash again. They put the tires up and maintain the air pressure between events.
at end of season tires are mine to take.
i would like to find a stagger chart for burris so I can determine what size rims on the inside I'll need.
As of now I'm running maxxis and because the track stays wet your really only get a lite build up on the tires, so clean up is easy.

Kj26

6.5 LF 8.5 LR 10 RS are what we always mounted our 11's on. Actually its what we mount all our dirt tires on.
How are you supposed to scale without having the tires ??

I talked to the track owner today. The way its done with the 2 classes is this. !- I supply the rims, what ever size I choose. 2- I buy the tires from them 240$ set. 3- They mount and stagger. 4- They mark them where you get your tires every time. 5- no cutting,sanding, or prepping is allowed. 6- you can only wash between practice, heat race, and main, with water at a wash station. 7- the tires are removed after your main event, they wash again. They put the tires up and maintain the air pressure between events.
at end of season tires are mine to take.
i would like to find a stagger chart for burris so I can determine what size rims on the inside I'll need.
As of now I'm running maxxis and because the track stays wet your really only get a lite build up on the tires, so clean up is easy.
Regardless of rim size stagger does not always come out the same, use sizes Kj26
Shows and make it work.
If you don't have other 11s to scale out with and are just going to race it as scaled with maxxis with the 11s cross will be lower avg 3 percent, I'd try it where it's at and go from there.

CarlsonMotorsports

Premium User
Sizing them is easy, yea, somewhat.
For the life of me though, the last thing I would want new racers to have to do is grab a torch at the track, or buy a hot box and ice chest, get to the track even earlier, and start sizing their tires.

This has got to be even worse (health and safety included) than prepping tires!