stagger on tires 11

The reason has nothing to do with a sprint kart.

At the RF more caster gets you more camber gain while minimally effecting weight jacking.

LTO racers are not interested in weight jacking except for altering the timing of when things work.
It's about how the RF works and not how the inside rear works.

Al,

Caster (and kingpin inclination for that matter) only effect weight jacking when working in conjunction with scrub radius. Center the wheel directly over the kingpin, and now caster (together with KPI if there is some) have almost zero effect on weight jacking, but definitely do change the camber with amount turned.

Something strikes me a little strange! The reason for a lot of caster, (compared to a vehicle with a differential) on a Sprint kart, is to get the weight off the inside rear tire. The purpose being to prevent push. Knowing that, tell me the reason for extra, or any, castor on an LTO kart? Seems to me that lifting the inside rear wheel off the truck negates any reason for stagger.

tell me the reason for extra, or any, castor on an LTO kart?
The K.I.S.S answer to that Al is simply, Increased caster ( extra ) makes the front end bite harder, giving the steering more feel, and will increase the AVG running Temp of both the RF & RR. Also the more cater split a kart has, the more the kart will turn on it's own towards the lower number side, which for LTO racing is left, which is why it's used mostly for smaller more bull ring tracks.

Something strikes me a little strange! The reason for a lot of caster, (compared to a vehicle with a differential) on a Sprint kart, is to get the weight off the inside rear tire. The purpose being to prevent push. Knowing that, tell me the reason for extra, or any, castor on an LTO kart? Seems to me that lifting the inside rear wheel off the truck negates any reason for stagger.
Doubt any adjustment would results in LIFTING the LR off the track.

Back