Stagger

bullerman

What will 1 7/8 front and 1 5/8 stagger effect. I would like a little less in the rear but only have one set grooves. Will this effect cross?

Just the fact that the front and back are not the same has no effect, the effect comes when front or rear has changed from what it was when scaled, if front stagger is increased cross will increase, if rear stagger is increased cross will decrease, I'm not sure if you added say 1/4" stagger to both if it would off set 100 % same.

Was just wondering if I will be able to get enough cross with the amount of stagger I have. Going to try and scale it tomorrow. Also on a banked track would I go with a little less left side and a little more rear. Thanks Racing Promoter. I can go with a little more stagger in the front if I have to. I do have a smaller front left tire.

Was just wondering if I will be able to get enough cross with the amount of stagger I have. Going to try and scale it tomorrow. Also on a banked track would I go with a little less left side and a little more rear. Thanks Racing Promoter. I can go with a little more stagger in the front if I have to. I do have a smaller front left tire.
More details confirm little less left side ?? meaning weight % age ? and little more rear ?? meaning ??

Both front and rear stagger will effect cross no matter how you slice it. Keep in mind that you're trying to keep the front to rear rake of the chassis as close as possible. To do that you need to have the right side ride height set level with the right side tires the same size. Then, you play with the left side tire size for your stagger.

On a banked track the stagger is built into the track so I would say less stagger later Chuck.
While the banking does physically make the right side tire path shorter, ie, less stagger needed, it also inhibits weight transfer to the right rear tire, making the stagger less effective.
The OP has the right idea with less left to balance the traction at the rear. This may hurt roll speed on the straights.
More stagger helps make up for less weight transfer and will hurt roll speed less, relatively speaking.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't say we have to run grooved tires i don't think. This is what I have.
Lf 11 x 5.5x 6 ( 34.5/8 )
Rf 12 x 8 x 6 ( 36 1/2 )

Lr 11 x 5.5 x 6 ( 35 1/8 )
Rr 11 x 7.7 x 6 ( 36 5/8 )
This is what I have. 1 7/8 front and 1 1/2 rear.
Prowler numbers for senior
58-61 left
62-69 cross
53-55 rear
Running the small right rear being the same as the left front will I have trouble getting 62 % cross. On the banked track will 58 % left be ok and should I go with 55 % rear if I can.
Wish I had a better tire selection but I don't. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back