Stagger

When getting correct stagger should your smaller tires be upfront or does it matter as long as you achieve your target stagger in the front and the rear?

Example-

If you wanted 1 1/2" front stagger and 1 1/4" rear stagger would it be ok to have a 34 1/4" RF tire and a 32 3/4" LF tire up front to get your 1 1/2" front stagger then on the RR have a 34" tire and a 32 3/4" LR tire?

Thanks!

it would be ok---in a perfect world both rights should be the same size but that doesn't always happen(at least not with me) John

I agree w/JE.
I would do my best to standardize the right side tires at 34"
It's not the end of the world. It's just one less thing to have to think about.

If you have plenty of tires - set all your right sides at 34" so you can do the easy swaps and not affect percentages.

Now, if you only own 1 or 2 sets, I would go out on a limb here and say you would do well to have right sides "slightly" different in size, so that you can swap them front to back to offer more choices in stagger (say 1/4" increments.) You can always get your percentages back with a washer or two. Again, I'd only recommend this if you are very limited on tire choices and it would sure help if you took the time to scale everything with the different combinations ahead of time (so you know what your numbers look like when you swap RF with RR.)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back