Stalker front end question

F1F21

What is a good starting for the washers on the spindles? Right now I pretty much have the spindle centered with washers on top and bottom on the king pen bolt. We run a pretty flat 1/4 dirt track on treads. Last race I junked a LF spindle hitting a metal disc on the inside of the track and since I’m replacing them both I figured I’d ask the guru’s here what they think? Also is anyone using some type of spacers for this or just stacking washers? Please lmk if the question I am asking makes sense or not because I sometimes have a tendency to word things that only make sense in my head lol

2 off bottom to top on the RF, 2 off top to bottom on LF, yes I've seen spacers but I think they were custom made, but keep in mind if used you can not make as fine adjustments as you can with the thinner washers.

2 off bottom to top on the RF, 2 off top to bottom on LF, yes I've seen spacers but I think they were custom made, but keep in mind if used you can not make as fine adjustments as you can with the thinner washers.
Just so I understand correctly on the RF I want just 2 washer on the bottom of the spindle and the rest on top? And the opposite on the LF? So the RF is ‘lower’ on the king pen than the LF?

Just so I understand correctly on the RF I want just 2 washer on the bottom of the spindle and the rest on top? And the opposite on the LF? So the RF is ‘lower’ on the king pen than the LF?
NO you said there even now, on RF take 2 off bottom move to top, LF just opposite, Yes RF will be lower.

What is a good starting for the washers on the spindles? Right now I pretty much have the spindle centered with washers on top and bottom on the king pen bolt. We run a pretty flat 1/4 dirt track on treads. Last race I junked a LF spindle hitting a metal disc on the inside of the track and since I’m replacing them both I figured I’d ask the guru’s here what they think? Also is anyone using some type of spacers for this or just stacking washers? Please lmk if the question I am asking makes sense or not because I sometimes have a tendency to word things that only make sense in my head lol
Where did you get spindles?

Where did you get spindles?
I got lucky and got a spare set when I found the chassis a few years back in a barn lol. I’d love to get another set as well so I am hoping to find where to get some or find out if I can use another type of spindle

Stalker spindles are the old school spindles where when you talk moving washers it's opposite than the Caster Block Spindles. You'll want to load that old small tube cart up with Cross. You'll probably want something close to leaving 2 washers on the top of the RF (Dropping the spindle to add cross) and 2 washers on the bottom of the LF, both in a direction that adds cross to the cart. RF Spindle Down, and LF Spindle Up. Those were great karts in their time.

Best thing would be to get a set of scales and see how much cross you can get into it. From what I remember those carts weren't preloaded with as much cross as this generation, but you should be able to get into the low to mid 60% range. Make sure your camber is right as well. I think you can still order camber pills from phantom.

I got lucky and got a spare set when I found the chassis a few years back in a barn lol. I’d love to get another set as well so I am hoping to find where to get some or find out if I can use another type of spindle
If I come across somebody that makes some I'll send you a PM. I'm like you I really wish I had a couple sitting aside. Having some decent success with this old kart would hate for it to be a wall hanger over spindles.

If I come across somebody that makes some I'll send you a PM. I'm like you I really wish I had a couple sitting aside. Having some decent success with this old kart would hate for it to be a wall hanger over spindles.
Same here. I’ve been running this stalker for about 3 years now in both a stock predator class and now KT100 and I’m not exactly a ‘small guy’ so I’m consistently giving up 50-80 lbs to most of the competition and I’m always in the top 5 if not top 3 everywhere we go so I don’t wanna make it a wall hanger that’s for sure lol

Back