Steering shaft angle

Jhudson

Having trouble setting up recon steering wheel placement vs my 2 Tritons . Recon has 23" steering shaft just like Tritons but on Tritons bottom of steering wheel to bottom of seat is 25 1/8 and recon with 3 hole block and post bolt maxed out 24 1/8, anybody help me out . All 3 karts have 9" steering post and 23" steering shafts

Turning the steering yoke to the front will change the angle . It is adjustable also. Unscrew it some .

You could make a longer post. Sleeve over the chassis with the post inside, or cut and extend yours or make a new one altogether.
Your sure yours has not been shortend?
New shafts pretty easy if the length isn't an issue.

Last edited:
Having trouble setting up recon steering wheel placement vs my 2 Tritons . Recon has 23" steering shaft just like Tritons but on Tritons bottom of steering wheel to bottom of seat is 25 1/8 and recon with 3 hole block and post bolt maxed out 24 1/8, anybody help me out . All 3 karts have 9" steering post and 23" steering shafts
glad that worked out.
Now I'm wondering if the front location is different ?
The distance from the seat post too the lower steering block.
unfortunately I don't have a Recon Just the triton .

My post was shortened and it took me some measuring between the minecon and Triton to figure out why my steering seemed low, the post was shortened 1 1/2 in but I may still try a longer steering shaft, my elbow get into the motor is my problem.

seems a longer shaft would make that worse.
Unless you're reaching for the wheel .
a new post or even the offset post to move it left.

Back