Steering stabilizer

Robinsonracing

My son is 7 and just starting out racing on dirt oval. I raced back in 2000 to 2005 and the first year I raced I was 10 was kinda jerky on steering and my son is same way I got a steering stabilizer for my kart was a phantom stalker but just curious is there any out there with one I know be pretty universal but don’t wanna buy one then can’t make it work

Move the tie rods to the furthest hole out on the spindles, and make sure all the tie rods are in good shape and very tight

My son is 7 and just starting out racing on dirt oval. I raced back in 2000 to 2005 and the first year I raced I was 10 was kinda jerky on steering and my son is same way I got a steering stabilizer for my kart was a phantom stalker but just curious is there any out there with one I know be pretty universal but don’t wanna buy one then can’t make it work

Steering stabilizers are not legal (at least not that I remember.) It's been many years since I've seen one on a kart. ARC used ot offer a small rack that worked well. I "think" that the 1/4 midget guys still use them on some cars.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You could also move the tie rod attachment points "in" (closer to pivot point) on the steering columns and spindles.

Steering stabilizers are not legal (at least not that I remember.) It's been many years since I've seen one on a kart. ARC used ot offer a small rack that worked well. I "think" that the 1/4 midget guys still use them on some cars.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
He k I didn’t know they wasn’t legal witch we run mostly outlaw tracks but that’s good to know thanks!

in on the steering shaft out on the spindles .
Yes, sorry....you'll gain leverage, lose travel so that it's easier to steer, and more wheel required for same movement at spindle....finer control possible. But rate of steering will slow...

Back