Sticker 2015 Burris 33s

Myself and a friend got our hands on 4 sets of NOS 2015 sticker 33s they duro 68 and side walls feel stiff. Should we use a conditioner on these inside and out? Or even cut them?

Myself and a friend got our hands on 4 sets of NOS 2015 sticker 33s they duro 68 and side walls feel stiff. Should we use a conditioner on these inside and out? Or even cut them?
Yes, you are going to want to get them cut. Duro may change slightly after they're cut. I'm not familiar with tracks in IL but doubt you want something that hard. What is your target durometer range?

As a side note, there is a market for older sticker tire SS33A'S. If these aren't what you ideally want, you might want to consider selling them and finding other tires.

Yes they need cut , but To old cured to long even if track gets extremely good they'll never go as a straight up never prepped 33,
They would be best suited used as a soaked tire capped with goat if that's required where you race, if your track only requires say a medium base prep if you try them just apply more prep than you normally would for say a 2020 or 2021 tire.

FYI there not worth any more because they are the golden egg for added performance, worth slightly more ONLY because of the current 33 shortage.

Most of the big Burris races that would bite up enough to require that hard of tire, will also have a date code rule.
For local stuff in Illinois, you will not need anything that hard (even in the dead of summer.)
The '15 tires are worth some money to the right person for sure. Personally, I wouldn't kill them with prep, (especially not goat.) I'd sell them for good money, then pick up some fresher tires if you are just wanting to prep them hard or goat them up.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back