Stock Animal Tech Rules

Skidude

Where can I find the tech rules for stock Animal? I’m looking to occasionally run this class at Southern Kartway. I am told they use WKA tech. All I can find is Animal modified tech rules but I need stock rules.

Last edited:
Where can I find the tech rules for stock Animal? I’m looking to occasionally run this class at Southern Kartway. I am told they use WKA tech. All I can find is Animal modified tech rules but I need stock rules.
The rules are in the Tech Manual....WKA & AKRA DO NOT publish there rules...NKA rules are published and you can view on-line from there site...There are differances between the 3 Org....

I know WKA has a tech manual but I can’t find one for sale. I used to buy one every year when I raced in the 90’s. I’ve just got back in back in last August. Do you know the most recent year tech manual has has stock animal rules?

I know WKA has a tech manual but I can’t find one for sale. I used to buy one every year when I raced in the 90’s. I’ve just got back in back in last August. Do you know the most recent year tech manual has has stock animal rules?
The 50th Anniversary WKA Tech Manual is a two (2) year 2021 & 2022...Section 704 covers the stock animal rules....I have never been to a WKA National event were you could not obtain there tech manual...I feel sure if you call there office they will be able to hook you up....704 455-1606....

The 50th Anniversary WKA Tech Manual is a two (2) year 2021 & 2022...Section 704 covers the stock animal rules....I have never been to a WKA National event were you could not obtain there tech manual...I feel sure if you call there office they will be able to hook you up....704 455-1606....

True .

704 BRIGGS & STRATTON STOCK ANIMAL ENGINE

NOTE: All parts must be Briggs & Stratton Series 12 Engine Model Number 124332 factory production parts unless otherwise specified in this manual. No machining or alteration of parts is permitted unless specifically noted. All parts are subject to be compared to a known stock Briggs & Stratton part. No reading between the lines. If it is not in the rules, it must remain stock. UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ENGINE WILL BE TECHED AS RACED.

NOTE: Tech tools to be used to inspect part / parts or used in a tech procedure are noted with the part number of tool shown in parenthesis. (Example: (A12)).

704.1 SHROUDS & COVERS: Engine shroud and covers and control bracket must be intact and not modified, except control cover which can be modified to attach fuel pump (fuel pump must be visible) and throttle bracket also cylinder cover maybe cut for thermocouple, intake manifold and exhaust flange clearance. New Briggs & Stratton Air shield/guard Part # 555699 may replace plastic control cover and control bracket. Flywheel guard mandatory. All flywheel guards must be bolted to blower housing. Taping of flywheel guard allowed. Tape on block disallowed. No part of Flywheel guard may protrude inside of the flat plane of the blower housing. NO revolving flywheel guards allowed. Any bolt utilized to secure sheet metal, shrouding, etc., with the exception of sheet metal secured by the head bolts, may be replaced with larger diameter bolt(s). The stock kill switch is not mandatory. However, if installed, the stock kill switch must remain in stock location

704.2 HEADER/SILENCER: Exhaust pipe/header must not extend past rear bumper (including silencer, where applicable) and have no exposed sharp edges. Header shall have a maximum length of 24” to be measured in the ID using a 0.250” wide tape measure. Measurement to be made with silencer off of pipe and tape tight. If any part of the pipe is less than the maximum the pipe is legal. Loop Header pipes NOT ALLOWED. Header/exhaust pipe MAY NOT PROTRUDE inside of exhaust port. Studs allowed for header pipe attachment to block. Header pipes MUST be wrapped to protect driver from burns.

704.2.1 Gasket and/or Silicone allowed to seal the header.

704.2.2 Header must be of fixed design. NO SLIPPY PIPES allowed. No extra tubes or holes allowed in header except hole for EGT sensor. If EGT sensor hole is present, sensor must be in place or hole must be plugged.

704.2.3 Extra HEAT SHIELD above chain guard is allowed. Shield to be no higher than a level plane to the top of the valve cover.

704.2.4 All header pipes must be of continuous length from flange to end of pipe with stages or butt welds permitted (no chamber, infusers, or covers of any type allowed on muffler etc.). A header support brace and safety wiring of header bolts or studs is MANDATORY to assure header bolts remain tight. It is required that the safety wire wrap around pipe to insure that bolts remain with pipe in case they are stripped out of block. Silencer must be tight, secure, and completely intact on the header through out the entire event with no leaks or breaks. Silencer must be clamped to header tube and no welding of silencer in any area. Header tube and silencer are only legal parts.

704.2.5 SILENCER: In events where silencing device is MANDATORY (Divisional, National, etc., points event and where required for non-points, local events), use of RLV 8-91 SILENCER IS MANDATORY. Silencer must be utilized as produced, with no modifications or alterations permitted.

704.2.5.1 Silencer Baffle holes 0.1285” maximum all baffles.

704.2.6 The flange that bolts the header to the block cannot be thicker than 0.312” Max.

704.3 AIR FILTER: Any air filter permitted. Air filter must be installed directly to carb. No filter adapter allowed. Filter may not be used as an air ram and must filter from all areas as raced. Any open areas in filter must be covered with a filter sock. (No open areas in filter allowed.)

∆704.4 CARBURETOR: PZ Model 22 Carburetor only. Must be stock as from the factory. Exception: Any parts that can be removed through the float bowl are non-tech items. The carburetor body and other parts that cannot be removed through the float bowl are tech items and must remain as manufactured. Any 1/4” bolts may be used to attach Carb to intake. NO STUDS ALLOWED. Carb to intake seal is by O-Ring only. No sealer allowed. Air must enter engine at carburetor air horn ONLY. Choke must be as stock as from the factory except choke arm may be secured in the open position. Adapter will be allowed on end of fuel inlet of carburetor for attachment of 1/4” fuel line. The float and needle must be present in their stock locations and function as intended. No additional parts may be added. The fuel nozzle should extend between 0.040” and 0.060” into the venturi. The nozzle must maintain stock configuration on top with no notching or grinding.

704.4.1 THROTTLE BORE: Maximum throttle bore inside dimension is 0.874” (A7) NO-GO. Must be as cast.

704.4.2 CHOKE BORE: 1.149” (A7) No-Go. Must be as cast.

∆704.4.3 VENTURI: Vertical maximum is 0.792” No-Go (A8). Horizontal maximum is 0.618” NO-GO for top and bottom of venturi (widest part). Horizontal maximum is 0.605” NO-GO for the narrowest part of venturi (center). When measured from the front (air filter) side of the carburetor, (1) the vertical (0.792”) NO-GO shall be held parallel with the carburetor bore (See Fig. 704.4.3), and (2), the horizontal 0.618” and 0.605” NO-GOs cannot enter the slide area. When measured from the back (intake manifold) side, none of the NO-GOs can start into the venturi. No machining of the venturi is allowed.

704.4.4 AIR PICK OFF HOLE: Maximum 0.061” No-Go (A9)

704.4.5 SLIDE: Slide must be stock as from the factory. No grinding or other alteration. Deepest part of cut away at bottom of slide must be a maximum of 0.074”. Depth of cut away may be measured by placing slide on a flat surface and attempting to insert a 0.075” NO-GO into cut away. Depth may be measured with slide in carburetor by backing the idle screw out such that the slide rests on the bottom of the venturi. Then attempt to insert the 0.075” NO-GO into cut away.

704.4.6 NEEDLE JET: 1.692” maximum length and 1.677” minimum length. Taper on needle must remain stock and will be checked at 0.500” from the tip of the needle and must not be smaller than 0.070” NO-GO (A4).

704.4.7 CHOKE LEVER COVER: Metal choke cover must remain in place but may be secured with silicone or epoxy sealer. Additional pin punching is allowed to tighten choke cover.

∆704.4.8: AIR METERING HOLE: The air metering hole must be round and have no camphor or break. and may not be relocated. The diameter is non tech.

704.5 RESTSRICTOR PLATES: Intake restrictors are to be unaltered, and must be as originally manufactured. Restrictor plate must be flat and placed between carburetor and intake, and sealed within gasket area. There must be one gasket between the restrictor plate and the intake manifold. Addition of material or funneling of gasket(s) not allowed. Any attempt to bypass, modify restrictor is prohibited. Anodizing may not be removed from restrictor plate. Horstman or APS lettering must be present, and tang on plate must be on right side when looked at from the carburetor side. In addition to the WKA Tech NO-GO gauges listed below WKA officials may compare competitor’s plate to a known stock plate and any use any other tool necessary to determine plate legality. Restrictor plate violations subject competitor to disqualification and suspension.

704.5.1 BLACK PLATE: A Black 0.575” plate is to be checked with a 0.576” NO-GO. It is used in Gold Cup Briggs Junior and Dirt and Pavement Junior Champ classes.

704.5.2 GOLD PLATE: A Gold 0.505” plate is to be checked with a 0.506’ NO-GO. It is used in Gold Cup Briggs Sportsman 2 and Dirt and Pavement Junior classes.

704.5.3 BLUE/TURQUOISE PLATE: A two-hole plate with a top hole of 0.275” and a bottom hole of 0.325” to be checked with 0.276” and 0.326 NO-GOs. It is used in the Gold Cup Briggs Sportsman 1 and Dirt and Pavement Sportsman 2 classes.

704.5.4 PURPLE PLATE: A three-hole plate with 0.225” holes to be checked with 0.226” NO-GO. It is used in Dirt and Pavement Sportsman 1 classes.

Note: Use of WKA issued restrictor plates may be required at selected divisional events.

704.6 INTAKE MANIFOLD: Stock Animal intake as supplied from the factory. The gasket surfaces may be machined to meet the length specification in Section 704.6.1, but the gasket surfaces must remain flat for proper gasket seal. The two intake-to-block mounting holes and one intake-to-carburetor mounting hole may be drilled out and will be checked with a 0.328” NO-GO and the width of the intake to carburetor slotted hole will be checked with the same NO-GO

704.6.1 LENGTH: 1.740” NO.-GO 1.760 MUST-GO (A12).

704.6.2 INSIDE DIAMETER: Inside I.D. 0.885” MUST GO. 0.905” NO-GO (A11). Minor paint runs or welding slag inside manifold are not grounds for disqualification.

704.6.3 INTAKE TO BLOCK GASKET: After market gaskets are allowed. No sealants are allowed. Gasket thickness 0.070” max..

704.7 FUEL PUMP: Auxiliary pulse-type fuel pump allowed. Fuel pump must be externally mounted. Fuel pump must be pulsed only from the crankcase upper oil fill cap. Fuel pump must be mounted on engine. Pulse line from crankcase to fuel pump not to exceed 15”. Fuel pump pulse line must be standard 1/4” inch or smaller inside diameter fuel line. Single diaphragm type fuel pump only. No double or triple diaphragm pumps allowed. A fuel pump return line to fuel tank is not allowed.

704.8 VALVE COVER: Stock valve cover as from factory that includes the breather hole for the tube that runs to the catch can. (No threading of hole allowed.)

704.8.1 Valve cover gasket must meet stock configuration. No sealer allowed.

704.9 ROCKER ARMS: Must be stock as from the factory.

704.9.1 Minimum length is 2.865” NO-GO (A13).

704.10 CAMSHAFT: All cam profile readings must be taken with zero valve lash and degree wheel at top dead center (TDC) of compression stroke. Readings shall be measured from push rods. Set dial indicator at zero and do not reset during the profile process. Only stock factory camshaft cores from Briggs & Stratton are permitted, part numbers 555532 and 555584. Lobes may be ground but not to exceed 0.870” maximum base circle. Mechanical compression relief is non-tech. Camshaft lobes must remain flat and of original width.

704.10.1 Maximum valve lift of 0.255” taken directly off the valve assembly at zero valve lash. Place dial indicator on valve keeper then tighten ball rocker till you see indicator move 0.001” to 0.002” this will assure that all the lash is taken out of the valve. Set dial indicator to zero and then check lift. When checking the lift off the valve keeper, the only dial indicator holder that will be used is a three leg holder Sox holder #AT320A or similar indicator holder. If lift exceeds 0.255”, competitor may rotate the valve retainer one time and ask for a valve lift recheck.

704.10.2 Camshaft Profile Limits:

INTAKE

Lift Degrees

0.020” 18º TO 13º BTDC

0.050” 0 TDC TO 4º ATDC

0.100” 16º ATDC 20º ATDC

0.150” 33° ATDC TO 37° ATDC

0.175” 42º ATDC TO 46º ATDC

0.200” 53° ATDC TO 57° ATDC

0.225” 67º ATDC TO 71º ATDC

MINIMUM LIFT 0.252”

MAXIMUM LIFT 0.257”

0.225” 39º BBDC TO 35º BBDC

0.200” 25° BBDC TO 21° BBDC

0.175” 15° BBDC TO 11° BBDC

0.150” 5º BBDC TO 1º BBDC

0.100” 12º ABDC TO 16º ABDC

0.050” 28º ABDC TO 32º ABDC

0.020” 44º ABDC TO 49º ABDC

EXHAUST

Lift Degrees

0.020” 61º BBDC TO 56º BBDC

0.050” 44º BBDC TO 40º BBDC

0.100” 27º BBDC TO 23º BBDC

0.150” 11º BBDC TO 7º BBDC

0.175” 1º BBDC TO 3º ABDC

0.200” 10º ABDC TO 14º ABDC

0.225” 24º ABDC TO 28º ABDC

MINIMUM LIFT 0.252”

MAXIMUM LIFT 0.257”

0.225” 78º BTDC TO 74º BTDC

0.200” 64º BTDC TO 60º BTDC

0.175” 53º BTDC TO 49º BTDC

0.150” 43º BTDC TO 39º BTDC

0.100” 27º BTDC TO 23º BTDC

0.050” 10º BTDC TO 6º BTDC

0.020” 5º ATDC TO 10º ATDC

704.11 BALL ROCKER: As Stock from factory.

704.11.1 0.590” NO-GO – 0.610” MUST-GO (A16).

704.12 PUSH ROD: Stock as from factory.

704.12.1 PUSH ROD DIAMETER: 0.185” - 0.190”

704.12.2 PUSH ROD LENGTH: 5.638” NO-GO - 5.658” MUST-GO (A5).

704.13 HEAD BOLTS: Stock head bolt must be utilized and four are mandatory. All other external metric bolts may be replaced with American standard bolts of the appropriate size.

704.14 HEAD GASKET: Briggs & Stratton and after market head gaskets are allowed of stock design. Gasket sealer cannot be utilized on head gasket. No aluminum or copper head gaskets allowed.

704.14.1 HEAD GASKET THICKNESS: 0.049” Min. thickness measured in four places between head bolts. Measurement to be made with micrometer from inside of gasket.

704.14.2 FIRE RING HEAD GASKET: Briggs & Stratton fire ring head gasket part # 555698 allowed. Minimum thickness 0.042” on the metal fire ring part of the gasket.

704.15 CYLINDER HEAD PLATE: Must be stock as from the factory.

704.15.1 CYLINDER HEAD PLATE GASKET: Gasket must be stock configuration. 0.060” Max thickness.

704.16 ROCKER ARM STUDS: Must be stock as from the factory, Rocker studs must be installed as per factory,.

704.17 VALVES: Stock valves ONLY. Valve face must be one angle. Valves may not be polished or lightened. If the valve is cleaned, no material may be removed from the valve, No alterations to surface finish or shape allowed. Tip of valve must be at 90 degrees to stem. Keeper groove location must remain stock. Minimum intake and exhaust valve length 3.250”

704.17.1 Intake Valve: 45 degrees (A22). Intake valve diameter is 1.055” NO-GO - 1.065” MUST-GO (A17). Depth of dish in valve 0.099” - 0.119”. Minimum height from angle of valve face to top of valve 0.057” using gauge (A26) (Check using a depth micrometer from top of valve to the gauge). Refer to Figure 704.17

704.17.2 Exhaust Valve: 45 degrees (A22). Exhaust valve diameter is 0.935” NO-GO - .945” MUST-GO (A18). Depth if dish in valve 0.084” - 0.104”. Minimum height from angle of valve face to top of valve 0.060”using gauge (A27) (Check using a depth micrometer from top of valve to top of gauge). Refer to Figure 704.17

704.18 INTAKE AND EXHAUST SPRINGS: Maximum valve spring length is 0.930” NO-GO (A15). 0.103” to 0.107” wire diameter, measured in three places on spring. Inside diameter of spring 0.615” minimum, 0.635” maximum. Must be identical in appearance to factory part and have 4 to 4.5 coils in stack.

704.19 VALVE SPRING RETAINERS AND KEEPERS: Stock as from the factory. 0.055” - 0.075” thickness.

704.20 CYLINDER HEAD: Stock Briggs & Stratton cylinder head part #555635. Machining of head gasket surface only allowed. No machining of ports allowed. Bosses on head may be tapped to allow for the attaching of a header brace. Briggs #555690 – Heat Dispenser is approved for all classes, all series.

704.20.1 Depth of head at shallow part of head 0.011” Min. The measurement on the shallow side of the combustion chamber will be taken with a depth gauge on the push rod side of an imaginary line drawn from dowel pin to dowel pin on the valve side of the dowel. It will also be taken over the spark plug area. The rest of the recess area in the head has no depth dimension, but the recess must remain visible. Depth at floor of head 0.319” min..

704.20.2 Depth to top of valve seat: Max 0.360”. Old style head Min. 0.335”. RT-1 head Min 0.320”.

704.20.3 Head thickness measured from head gasket surface to head plate gasket surface is Min 2.420” on old style heads, Min 2.405” on RT-1 heads. Head thickness to be checked in four places through the valve guides and the push rod holes with gauge. Not calipers.

704.20.4 Width of combustion chamber at the widest part across the valve seats area checked with a 2.640” NO-GO (A30) at a depth of 0.200” in the combustion chamber. (Figure 704.20.3)

704.20.5 The maximum diameter of the bowl is 0.951” checked with a 0.952” NO-GO gauge parallel to the intake port.

704.21 VALVE SEATS: Must be one angle ONLY on valve seats. Stock Briggs & Stratton valve seats are mandatory.

704.21.1 Intake seat inside diameter, 0.966” MUST GO - 0.972” (A2) NO-GO.

704.21.2 Exhaust seat inside diameter, 0.841” MUST GO - 0.850” (A1) NO-GO.

704.21.3 Exhaust and Intake seat 45 º angles.

704.22 PORTS: Must have stock configuration. No porting or modifications of any kind allowed. There must be a single angle with a defined edge at the transition between end of intake port and the bowl behind the valve. No media blasting.

704.22.1 INTAKE INLET: 0.918” NO-GO (A6) when checking 90 degrees to stud pattern, no-go will be straight; when checking in line with stud pattern, no-go will set on floor of port at bottom and stop at upper edge of port on top.

704.22.2 INTAKE PORT: 0.864” NO-GO (A28) cannot touch the valve guide of the intake port. 0.860” (A28) plug gage will be used as a visual check of the eyebrow area. This is not a no-go but a visual assist tool.

704.22.3 EXHAUST PORT: Maximum diameter 0.980” NO-GO (A6). The port is legal if (1) there is at least one entry point to the port where the NO-GO gauge cannot enter the port, and (2) the port is as supplied from the factory with no grinding or alteration.

704.23 VALVE GUIDES: Stock valve guides as supplied from factory. Stock replacement guide part # 555645 allowed. Maximum depth from cylinder gasket surface to top of intake valve guide is 1.255.

704.24 DECK/PISTON CLEARANCE: Machining of deck surface is permitted. No peak decking allowed. Piston pop-up CANNOT exceed 0.005” above block surface in the center of the piston. When measuring piston popup, it should be accomplished with bar stock (A25) on a parallel with the piston wrist pin and, using a dial indicator check the piston pop-up in this area. Then without moving the dial indicator rotate the bar 90 degrees on the center line of the piston and check the popup it should not exceed 0.005”.

704.25 CYLINDER BORE: No circular or machined grooving of cylinder is allowed in any position of cylinder.

704.25.1 Stock cylinder bore is 2.690” and overbore is permitted providing it does not exceed 2.725” (approximately 0.035” overbore).

704.26 STROKE: Stroke is 2.204” Max. Check with stroke pin (A21) or dial indicator. Stroke is checked by pushing piston down to take up play of rod clearance. Stroke is checked from bottom dead center (BDC) to top dead center (TDC).

704.27 STARTER: Recoil starter may be retained as produced and intact, if recoil is removed, starter cup must also be removed. Any style nut and use of electric starter allowed.

704.28 FLYWHEEL: Stock flywheel Briggs Part # 555625 with Plastic Fins assemble Part # 555526 or STOCK PVL flywheel Briggs Part # 555683.Any flywheel key or NO flywheel key is allowed. No machining, glass beading or sandblasting of flywheel is allowed. Flywheel washer must be stock.

704.28.1 FLYWHEEL WEIGHT: 4lbs. 8 oz. MINIMUM.

704.28.2 Weight of the PVL flywheel: 4lbs. 1oz. MINIMUM. No modifications allowed.

704.29 IGNITION: If stock flywheel part # 555625 is used the coil must be stock Briggs coil part # 557040 must be utilized in unaltered form. NO slotting of mounting holes or machining of attaching bolts is permitted. There must be resistance from ground to the spark end of the plug wire. SPARK PLUG CONNECTOR must be stock factory type. Rubber plug boot is allowed.

704.29.1 If PVL flywheel part # 555683 is used the stock PVL Magneto Briggs Part # 555681 must be utilized in unaltered form. NO slotting of mounting holes or machining of attaching bolts is permitted. SPARK PLUG CONNECTOR must be stock factory type. Rubber plug boot is allowed.

704.29.2 SPARK PLUG: Any commercially available, 14 mm thread spark plug allowed.

704.30 CRANKCASE SIDE COVER: Side cover must remain stock

704.31 CRANKCASE SIDE COVER GASKET: Aftermarket gaskets approved, however, must be of same size and material as stock gasket(s). One or two crankcase gaskets are allowed.

704.32 VALVE LIFTERS: Stock Briggs & Stratton lifters as supplied from factory.

704.32.1 Head of lifter 0.820” NO-GO - 0.860” MUST-GO (A19).

704.32.2 Length of lifter 1.515” NO-GO - 1.525” MUST-GO (A14).

704.33 CONNECTING ROD: Stock Animal, World Formula, or WKA approved commercially available billet aluminum rods with or without inserts are allowed. No titanium rods allowed. Maximum oil hole is 0.185”. No polishing or grinding on the rod. No modifications to the rod. Rod length is 2.414” minimum, 2.429” maximum as measured from bottom of wrist pin to top of crankshaft journal. Minimum weight is 130 grams.

704.33.1 Stock rod length is 2.419” minimum, 2.429” maximum. Measured from bottom of wrist pin to top of crankshaft journal.

704.33.2 Oil hole opening, new or old style rod, is 0.185” NO-GO (B16).

704.33.3 ROD IDENTIFICATION: For identification purposes rod must be marked with either a Registered Trade Mark or manufacturer’s name.

704.34 WRIST PIN: Wrist pin must not be altered.

704.34.1 Maximum inside dimension of wrist pin is 0.414”.

704.34.2 Outside dimension is 0.624” - 0.626”.

704.34.3 Minimum length, 1.901.

704.35 RINGS: Three rings are MANDATORY. Compression, or top ring, chamfer or O must face up, and must remain as manufactured. Scraper Ring must be installed with inside chamfer down and O up. Stock oil ring must be installed as from factory. Rings must be self supporting in the cylinder bore of the engine being teched. Ends of ring must remain flat. Excessive end gapping of rings not allowed. Rings must conform to all listed factory specifications and be of stock configuration. Known, standards for piston/ring configurations are Briggs & Stratton factory approved parts. No machining of rings allowed. Exception; lapping and end gapping allowed. Rings must be in one piece when removed from block.

704.35.1 Minimum width top two rings 0.095”.

704.35.2 Thickness top two rings 0.059” - 0.064”.

704.35.3 Oil ring minimum width 0.065”, ring groove must be present. Expander ring must be installed.

704.35.4 Oil ring Thickness 0.098” - 0.102”.

∆704.36 PISTON: Briggs & Stratton Animal or Burris replacement piston only. Piston must be unaltered and conform to the specifications listed below. Wrist Pin bore must not be altered or relocated except minimum honing of wrist pin bore allowed. New style Briggs & Stratton piston with circlip on both sides of wrist pin bore allowed. Deck above top ring must not be altered. NO machining is allowed on piston. Arrow must point toward flywheel.

704.36.1 From top of piston to wrist pin bore 0.658” minimum measurement. Check on circlip side of piston.

704.36.2 Minimum piston length is 1.762”.

704.37 CRANKSHAFT: Stock factory crankshaft mandatory. Stock factory timing gear mandatory, and must be installed properly. Lightening, polishing of counter weights, addition of metal or other material is not permitted. Offset crankshafts are not permitted. Aftermarket bearing of non self-aligning type, with or without shield, is permitted. Shims if used must be installed as from factory. No ceramic bearings allowed.

704.37.1 Crankshaft journal diameter is 1.094” - 1.100”.

704.38 BLOCK: Must be as produced, with no alterations or reworking. Blocks repaired from broken rod damage, are permitted providing that repair does not constitute a functional modification of original block. No bushings of any kind allowed except for bushings approved in this Tech Manual. The repair of one coil post is allowed, as long as the remaining post is factory and unaltered. No KNURLING of guides allowed. The hole between the valve lifters shall be a maximum of 0.250” no-go.

704.39 WELDING: No welding can be done to an engine from the cooling fins upwards. Cam boss repair or welding not allowed. External welding of block is only allowed to repair damage from broken rod.

704.40 CLUTCH: Dry clutches are mandatory (same clutch used in all other Briggs & Stratton classes).

704.41 ENGINE SEALS: The engine will be sealed with two wires one wire will run between a valve cover bolt and a intake to engine bolt to a the nut side of a carb to intake bolt the other wire seal will seal the front side cover bolt.

704.42 FUEL LINES: Fuel line must be1/4” inch or smaller inside. Fuel lines must be run by the most direct route with no excess line. Fuel lines must be secured at all connecting points with approved fasteners such as safety wire or cable ties.

Back