Stock app.

kartboy63

I am about to build a stock appearing motor , what would be a good combination to start with without a really big bore

I'd start with a good late model block.A good port job and larger valve seats.If possible have a good kart shop to install after market valves and seats and bore around .080.Try going with a 4.475 rod and a piston that normally would be for a 4.500 rod combo.stock stroke.Then deck the cylinder block to .000 deck height.Some prefer a 112 alt .But if you can find a B56 from Competition Karting they work well.A major contributing factor is air flow through your carb.

why a 4.475 rod and a piston for 4.500 rod, I didn't really ever think about doing that but I guess it will work. what size valves and what about the hump between the valves should I take that out. what size cam is the 112 and b56

Whats size track do you plan on running this on?

4.475 rod with matching piston
3hp flywheel if allowed
112alt
Intake port work
Cut eyebrows
Weld up head
Be sure lifter bore is welded up
If this is a small track or bull ring, i might hold back on the big valves , or at least only put in a big intake and leave exhaust alone
Just my opinion

Whats size track do you plan on running this on?

4.475 rod with matching piston
3hp flywheel if allowed
112alt
Intake port work
Cut eyebrows
Weld up head
Be sure lifter bore is welded up
If this is a small track or bull ring, i might hold back on the big valves , or at least only put in a big intake and leave exhaust alone
Just my opinion
what part of the head are you welding up ? Any pics ?

yes it is a small track, I have a clements flywheel that I smaller than the 5 hp but it don't fill as lite as the stock 3hp and what is the 112alt, what lifters do I need. I have been building stockers for years but never really messed with the stock app., what I run now is a stocker with a 107ss cam and a clenents carb and either out running the others or out handling them but I would like to build a true stock app but not a big bore where I cant do any thing else with the block because all I have are some good old J blocks I was keeping for stock motors

Thoes should give you a idea.... Theres 2 pics one stock head and one welded up head, a pic of how to cut eyebrows( dont cut to low so that the ring pops out,

why a 4.475 rod and a piston for 4.500 rod, I didn't really ever think about doing that but I guess it will work. what size valves and what about the hump between the valves should I take that out. what size cam is the 112 and b56

You can achieve a better gasket surface if this block has been ran with a stock head gasket.Also, this is like shaving the eyebrow area down even more.Another thing is the deck height or pop out can be machined to your liking.This combo. on the rod piston work really well, esp. on a limited.I like the MM type ring too.

what do you come out with using a 4.475 rod and a 4.500 piston (stroke) and who makes the 112alt. who has a good stock app. carb besides cyclone

I have a welded cnc machined head I'd sell. Very nice piece. Bought and never ended up using it. I also have large valve sets, ss with undercut stems. Seats, keepers,retainers,and dual springs to go with.

Back