Stock Appearing cam

kartboy63

Just wondering what cams are yall running in your s/a builds, I use the 72mm tillotson with the 58mm crank, I use a 310-246 cam now with 1.3 rollers.

It depends. I mean it depends what size track for best power, where you want the power at. There are so many options. F275, Black Mamba, 308, 315, 356. It all depends on your application. Also with those 1.3 rockers you will have to figure out which is best suited for your build, I just named a few cams but I could go on for days.

Call a cam grinder, tell them what you have and what you want this motor to do, see what their suggestions are. Dont forget to tell them what fuel you use and which carb, which you didnt tell us.

methanol and Barry Young head and carb. Don't really want to custom make one, just wondering what was out there, more duration or less, would be good for small, like indoor tracks, I had the mamba and the mamba jr. I was thinking about the F-275 and how good it was. I had a couple motors with the 308, worked good, I was just looking to see what was out there maybe a little different than the norm.

methanol and Barry Young head and carb. Don't really want to custom make one, just wondering what was out there, more duration or less, would be good for small, like indoor tracks, I had the mamba and the mamba jr. I was thinking about the F-275 and how good it was. I had a couple motors with the 308, worked good, I was just looking to see what was out there maybe a little different than the norm.

A custom made cam wasnt the direction I was taking this, the cam grinder would be more inclined to recommend which of his cams would work best.

If you are not willing to go with a custom grind, you will just be running what everyone else is running.

If you are not willing to go with a custom grind, you will just be running what everyone else is running.
Its not necessarily that I want something different than everyone else, I was just wondering what others have tried and works good for them and it might be something I haven't tried or herd off.

Reactions: K12
Back