Stock appearing class.

krtrcn

I'm considering run a s/a class, at anwar by track.
The rules are real simple. It must appear stock from 5 feet away.
Meaning stock muffler,tank, and carb.
I have a hemi that been sitting around for awhile. I would like to know what you guys are doing as far as upgrades to make them a stock appearing.
I'm thinking about a cl3 cam, heavier springs, cleaning the ports, and a carb upgrade. With this am I on the right track.
Thanks

What you build is dependent of what you competition is doing.
If they have a mild build, you stay with that.
But if they are building a Huge 14 plus cu. in. Stroker monster open engine and putting a stock appearing carb and muffler on it. Well, get your pocket book out. And I can promise you one thing. Someone will bring such an engine to the race. Especially if there is any money involved.
But I would go bigger than the CL3 cam. the F200 cam or sometimes called the F275 is a real good cam with springs and compression release. Flywheel is a definite. longer rod and wiseco piston is a plus. If you can afford it a stroker Crank. Get the best carb you can find!!! Take the guts out of the muffler, definitely get the air box and filter to allow as much air as possible.

There is a lot of ways to build a stock appearing engine. I am sure others will add their comments.
But you can relate to this, Hp is dependent upon getting more fuel and air at the right mixture. Through the engine. The more air+ fuel in and out results in more hp or Work the engine can do.

Last edited:
One Fast Kat
Has it right . The cl3 is pretty mild .
The air box and muff are going to limit things some .
So a giant cam isn't needed , ratio rockers could help but may as well purchase the cam for the cost difference .
No replacement for displacement .

Back