Stock appearing help

Building a stock appearing animal.Have to run a walbro pz carb. and no external billet parts. Looking for recommendations on stock or big valve head? If stock head any porting need to be done? Stock crank or flat head stroker? Cam lift ? Have 275 use with stock ,1.25 ,1.3 rockers?
Have a flathead crank and 3hp billet flywheel available. Expecting to bore carb. to max. ID but don't know how much to modify engine with this carb. setup.
Thanks for any suggestions.
RICK

If you want to use what you have: flathead crank, port the stock head, 275 cam with 1.3 rockers, billet flywheel . Send carb to bear.

if your buying roller rocker save the cash and buy a 356 cam. the 275 is pretty weak.
Are you taking a knife to a gun fight. lots of variables here.
1. have you been racing this class?
2. what is the compeition like?
3. Budget.
4. Skill set/ability.

Just as a, “general rule” a bigger carb, with a bigger cam, will move the power curve up the rpm range. All the advice you’ve been given seems good, just don’t forget about the clutch. I always suggest setting the stall RPM at peak torque. Moving the power curve up the rpm range means you might have to add a tooth or 2 to the axle. Not a hard rule, just something to watch.

comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Flattop, This is a new class started at track. My biggest question is how much motor to build with stock pz carb.body. I bore , hone and assemble all my own motors for my 17 & 21 year old boys. Been kart racing for 10 years. Have built some good motors and some not so good. Definitely not a pro like lots of you guys. Just trying to pick your brains for some info. and experience. Budget is use what I can buy what I need .Roller rockers are questionable for this setup .

308 with 1.3 rockers they don't have to be roller but I go billet and big valve.
if 356 stay with billet 1.1 and still go big valve and still go with the flat head crank.
jmo on all this.

Since were on this subject I will toss a wrench into it.why is it some can say they can make more power by not stroking it?
and others say it cant be done unless it is stroked? who's right and who is wrong ?

Back