Stock Appearing LO206

Hello,

We are going to be doing a race at my local track thats just for fun and it includes lo206. We are wanting to maximize as much power even if that includes putting new modified parts on. We also don't want to pull seal off so it has to be modified in other ways. We are doing this just for fun and will not be following the official briggs rules. What are some things that I could to to get as much power in this motor without pulling the seal off.

Add wf/ported head to above.

Be wary of running over the stock rod.

If everyone is not use to the power, a stock motor on a good handling kart may make fools of the rest of the field.

Seen this on cheaters night in almost every class I've raced in.

Last edited:
Remove the rod and piston.
Use a domed world formula piston, or better yet long ARC rod and Wiseco piston.
Slightly larger valves, an-2 springs, and some mild portwork. 12,000 rpm coil.
Ratio rockers won't help much unless you have the carb bored as big as it can go and put it on alcohol.
It'll turn 8800 rpm with the stock cam and an-2 valve springs and like it.

...and the seals still in tact.
Ask me how I know: We built an engine just like this for a customer to prove a point to a particular rules maker (not karting) that thought the seals were the end-all of tech.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Then there is always nitromethane.
As stated a well tuned chassis engine combo will out run a untested thrown together experiment.

Remove the rod and piston.
Use a domed world formula piston, or better yet long ARC rod and Wiseco piston.
Slightly larger valves, an-2 springs, and some mild portwork. 12,000 rpm coil.
Ratio rockers won't help much unless you have the carb bored as big as it can go and put it on alcohol.
It'll turn 8800 rpm with the stock cam and an-2 valve springs and like it.

...and the seals still in tact.
Ask me how I know: We built an engine just like this for a customer to prove a point to a particular rules maker (not karting) that thought the seals were the end-all of tech.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
I'll take one!

CAUTION: The Super Stock May be addicting!
https://faster-motors-wi.myshopify....lo206-super-stock?_pos=3&_sid=6cd43fdca&_ss=r
1660224255787.png

Last edited:
I have absolutely no intentions of cheating but just out of curiosity:
So, do you make any attempt to cover your tracks after welding up the hole in the bottom? I guess if they pull the head you're toast. Can you get the same compression ratio boost by shaving the head? It would be less obvious than a hemi piston staring out at you.

Follow up, Has anyone successfully cut the top out of the limiter coil and glued it into an Animal coil or, maybe painted the Animal coil?

I have absolutely no intentions of cheating but just out of curiosity:
So, do you make any attempt to cover your tracks after welding up the hole in the bottom? I guess if they pull the head you're toast. Can you get the same compression ratio boost by shaving the head? It would be less obvious than a hemi piston staring out at you.

Follow up, Has anyone successfully cut the top out of the limiter coil and glued it into an Animal coil or, maybe painted the Animal coil?
For the application that we did, we were not trying to hide the fact. It was more to prove a point to the promoter who had a bad understanding of rules enforcement (and/or was just lazy.) There will always be guys that cheat and try to hide it...some may even get away with it for a while, but what point does it make (how proud can you be of your accomplishment) if you beat your competition with an illegal but considerable advantage? All tech men should be aware of this trick by now. Steve V. shared it with me several years ago.

Cutting the head is one of the more common "cheats" we see through our shop. Also one of the easiest to detect in the tech barn.
I have not seen coils cut apart, but definitely seen the WF coils painted green and one coil that must have been a ChiCom copy (ie no writing or logo.) Dan has been informed.

These things, and a whole lot more, are discussed at tech training seminars and between a network of tech men who share what they are seeing in the field regularly. You may get away with something for a short while, but eventually the tech guys will catch on to it. :)

(how proud can you be of your accomplishment) if you beat your competition with an illegal but considerable advantage?
Unfortunately, I know guys that think cheating and getting away with it IS part of the game and are proud when they can pull it off. People without a conscience are out there. A big thank you to all the tech people that keep racing fair for the good guys.

Sundog

I've seen this kit, anything I can add to this kit and make more power Than advertised I'm still learning about them and how to make power with them
A carburetor that can breathe. Consider a 28mm Mikuni slide carb, or at least go to the World Formula carb.
Then you can consider longer rod and piston combo, stroke crank, going bigger on cam, valves, roller rockers, billet head and more.
The Jimbo kit is designed for inexpensive performance increase and still have a spec engine.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

Just to be clear, the Domed piston is not for use in a stock / legal motor.
Although, I'm sure there are people that do this, I do not condone it!!
However, unfortunately, there are a lot of cheaters in this world, and they will find a way.
The only way to prevent the cheating is to have someone that can do tech on a regular basis!
If you don't have competent tech cheating is going to happen!

The intent of the super stock class is to make use of otherwise tired or broken 206 motors. It is a very inexpensive to go faster without breaking the bank.
I have sold a lot of Super Stock kits to people that have started a Super Stock class at their local track.
This class is separate from their stock / legal 206 class.
If I can help or you have questions you can call or text me at 920-207-9180

Back