Stock Appearing Question

JanGaLanG

So far I have built motors that have reliable power. I am wanting to build a motor that will stand up with the best of them. The rules we have are no epoxy on the carb and no billet side cover. Motor can be predator, ducar, Honda, or clone. And no welding on the block. Jimmy Rivers sells a block bored to 2.835 what do you guys think about that? Another question is how much lift do you guys like to run in stock appearing? Genuine Honda block or a clone block, do the Honda blocks have alot more strength? And is it worth the extra money? Also thought about using a predator 224 as a base not sure if that's the right direction either. We run a small track with tight corners. Will really appreciate some input, thanks guys.

Aything .275 Lift and over cams will work and then ratio rockers and then some head work, mill head down, bigger intake and exhaust valve, port and polish, billet rod, flattop piston, billet flywheel, bored out alky carb, then if you can get by with it and everything has good clearance a thin head gasket, heavy valve springs. should get you on right track. Just an overall idea of what you want to do but then track size and stuff like that comes into play so you will want a cam good for your track and then that also helps decide what else you want to do.

Aything .275 Lift and over cams will work and then ratio rockers and then some head work, mill head down, bigger intake and exhaust valve, port and polish, billet rod, flattop piston, billet flywheel, bored out alky carb, then if you can get by with it and everything has good clearance a thin head gasket, heavy valve springs. should get you on right track. Just an overall idea of what you want to do but then track size and stuff like that comes into play so you will want a cam good for your track and then that also helps decide what else you want to do.
Thanks max.

At that bore size , my thought is it really don't matter its thin .
Is it sleeved ?
Gotta expect an explosion sooner or later .
That's my problem man. I don't really don't know where that fine line of shaking it to death in one race and getting a few nights out of it is. I'm planning on bracing it inside the block and on the back where the heat shield is. Just unsure which direction I need to go.

I know for the animal Jimbo made (or still makes idk) a chain guard that doubled as a block support. I'm unsure if that would work in your application but it's a hefty piece that went between the engine and mount then had a plate come up the entire side of the side cover. Just a thought.

Honestly theres plenty of hot roded predator/clones . They seem too hold up .
If its closer to a full on open thats when iwould be concerned.

I know for the animal Jimbo made (or still makes idk) a chain guard that doubled as a block support. I'm unsure if that would work in your application but it's a hefty piece that went between the engine and mount then had a plate come up the entire side of the side cover. Just a thought.
Do you have a picture of something like that? Who is jimbo buddy?

I just looked on his site and didn't see it. We've had one for years I don't even know where its at. Maybe give him a call see if he's got one floating around.
Honestly theres plenty of hot roded predator/clones . They seem too hold up .
If its closer to a full on open thats when iwould be concerned.

Yeah, I just see it as extra insurance.

I just looked on his site and didn't see it. We've had one for years I don't even know where its at. Maybe give him a call see if he's got one floating around.

Yeah, I just see it as extra insurance.
Yeah I gave him a call and he said he doesn't do clone stuff.

Back