Stock appearing to AKRA

wake2life

Ok guys im currently in the process of building a akra legal engine. Ive bought a stock piston, low tension rings, JRPW attack series head and carb, and a cl3 cam. The issues we are running into is that we are concerned about the rod. We are running 10.8 lb spings as well. So our last engine was stock appearing with flat top , gx160 head, billet rod, arc 6619 flywheel (which will be used on the new engine), and a cl 3 cam. We are concerned about the stock rod not staying together . The rules state we can run a "performance cast rod" and we are not sure what is so performance about a cast part.

So our question is what rod should we run? We will be racing every two weeks and dont really want to window a motor due to a 10 dollar part. Or is the rod even a concern running under 7000 rpm.

thanks for any help you guys have!

Can't run billet . Call Jimmy Rivers and get you the cast preformance rod .
They don't explode like a flathead , been ran like this for years no major issues . You should be fine . Everyones in the same boat .

Its almost like bad ju ju removing a 70 dollar rod and putting a 10 dollar rod in it lol.. But unfortunately i know i cant run it. Do you know what so special about the perfomance rod?

No i do not . Latest greatest part . Im sure its better then the ones built in 2010 .
I'll go out on a limb and say its squezze cast vs just sand cast .
Agree , i thought the rule allowing billet rod would make it this year .
One good thing is the rules have settled in pretty good now .

The stock rods work just fine at the RPM levels you'll race a stock clone at. The valve springs will keep it under 7k and fail well before the rod...

Back