Stock appearing

Warren

New to karting need a good set up wit these rules I got a cl-2 cam wit 10.8 springs any advice helps

Attachments

• 51311775-D64C-47BD-AAF0-93D04BE6448B.png
    51311775-D64C-47BD-AAF0-93D04BE6448B.png
    497.2 KB · Views: 68
Billet rod , flattop piston , ported head , big carb , different cam or ratio rockers
And methanol at a minimum .

So I’m confused is the top different from the bottom?? I was thinking the bottom was the stock appearing rules that we could do

Yes , as i read it . There are 3 sets of rules .
Clone follow akra/nka
Stock appering .
Last predator . ... Which are pretty liberal .

Stock. Appearing. From 5 feet away?? How ridiculous can you get?? So the guy says "yes It's stock appearing, but don't look too close".

Thanks!! Been scratching my head for two weeks.
So flat top piston
Bigger cam is the mod2 cam any good or do I need to go bigger running a hemi
Gonna get the head milled but how much without getting in piston and valve contact

A hemi you might not want to , mill the head .
A mod 2 is better then a cl2 .
A hemi has a flattop piston .
Get you a bored out carb from dover a mod2 and billet rod .
If you must run the air box and muffler then thats the choke point .
Your going to need to modify both for air flow .

Ok I work at a Machine shop that’s why I asked about the head could do that myself.
I’ll start off wit what you recommend and go from there we can run a header they want a muffler on it cause people complaining about noise.

The hemi has clearance issues with the valves . When you add lift and mill the head .
Coil bind as well with big lift .
All can be corrected or clearanced

According to those rules , you can't use a Mod2 cam , just the CL-1 or 2 , and from the looks of it , you can't really do much to the head either . It has to pass the CC test , which limits your piston and milling the head . No porting or polishing and a stock gasket . Be better off building a small block open IMO , or get a clone . Those rules suck in IMO , LoL
See if they have a Builders Prepared class as well , if you want to build a bigger pony ! Then you can go wild on a build , if that is what you want to do ..

Back