Stock cam centerline

Kartracer93

Does anyone know the centerline on a stock cam? Its a stock class but allowed to remove the governor and low oil sensor. If not is there a cam that will pass tech in the stock class that i should be looking at?

I checked a stock cam a last year. To the best of my memory c/l was 108, 204 duration ,installed c/l I found to be all over the place 108 to 116. The bsp4 and cl3 are popular “box stock” cams.

Center lines on the Stock cam are anywhere from 106 to 118 because of the gear on the crank. There is no way you can put an aftermarket cam in that engine and not have a smart tech man who knows the opening and closing numbers and the duration at .050 and .200 checkpoints not be able to find it. The durations on the stock cam are no where close to the aftermarket cam

@OVALTECH1 the rules don't make it very clear if a cam swap is allowed or not. someone on another forum said there was a cam almost identical to stock which he knew the centerline to. but since yall know the stock centerline i wont worry about a cam swap. im building a motor for a guy who runs beaver creek in the "Box Stock" class (governor can be removed, low oil sensor removed, 10.8 pound valve springs, muffler and air filter must be stock) i want to make sure hes getting the best motor i can build for him.

@OVALTECH1 the rules don't make it very clear if a cam swap is allowed or not. someone on another forum said there was a cam almost identical to stock which he knew the centerline to. but since yall know the stock centerline i wont worry about a cam swap. im building a motor for a guy who runs beaver creek in the "Box Stock" class (governor can be removed, low oil sensor removed, 10.8 pound valve springs, muffler and air filter must be stock) i want to make sure hes getting the best motor i can build for him.
It wont take but a couple nights for him to figure out if they are changing cams or not

Back