stock clone clutch springs

bizz2222

I have a yellow clone motor we race the car stinks on starts but a lap or so it flies we have to use drum style clutches we run clone red class there are many different color clutch springs what color spring would make our starts faster can anyone help. Thanks

I have a yellow clone motor we race the car stinks on starts but a lap or so it flies we have to use drum style clutches we run clone red class there are many different color clutch springs what color spring would make our starts faster can anyone help. Thanks

Would really help a lot if we knew which clutch, theres all kinds of drum clutches.

Some color Springs are stronger than others. Find out which ones are the strongest, or at least stronger, and try them. This will let the engine reach a higher RPM where the it is putting out more torque.

This is one of the main reasons people have tachometers. Not the only reason, but a big reason. If the clutch is set to hold the engine at the rpm where it reaches peak torque, that means there's maximum horsepower at the rear wheels.

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.(Al Nunley)

We have this same problem with my grandson he can go from front row to last on the start then 2 laps later he is back up front we are also on a red plate dead stop starts we switch springs several times it didnt matter in his case so i started watching thru the fender hole on the starts he was hitting the throttle later then the rest we are using noram shoe clutch black spring

Back