Stock engine RPMS

He was asking about the engine without the governor hooked up. We run ours with the governor hooked up. On the stand, no more than 5500 but they only turn 4900/5150 on the track

I have seen 5600 on the stand with several and these are new motors out of the box track sealed we always check ours to make sure it’s no more than 5500 but we are at 5200 to 5250 it’s just according to track conditions and if we have the tires rite

He was asking about the engine without the governor hooked up. We run ours with the governor hooked up. On the stand, no more than 5500 but they only turn 4900/5150 on the track

So do i understand you correctly your gearing it to turn it up to 5500rpm on stand at a unloaded then wherever it is on the track is where its at..of course with the right tire and setup...

The three tracks here in central Pa the Grove, the creek and 7 stars has a 5500 rule on the stand. I only check it on the stand if there is no tach on the kart otherwise I read the tack. None of the winners have turned over 5150. The norm is 5000. I have conficated 5 engines this year and all have been legal. If I see one at 5250 and I didn't see a rough track or high rpm pushing I will look at that engine.

Last box stock race we ran was a 5500 rpm limit and we ran a sealed engine that we purchased from another track that was their motor already sealed and our rpm after running away from the field was5250 and I grant you it was not the motor that won the race it was tires and setup but we got the seals cut off by the track tech and after a lengthy tech of the motor we was legal but we had to but another sealed motor to run the next nite and the other track so there went part of the winning money

To run the class you have to purchase the motor from the track owners and it’s sealed so cheating is not an option besides that if you do cheat who are you beating? No one because you have to cheat to win

Back