Stock gearing

Crowemagnum189

running on a 3/16th mile track, no bank, I'd say medium grip what would be a decent gear to start at? Motor is bone stock class we run in a sealed class....the other week we started on a 17/59 and just seemed to get pulled on from the start.......thinking of 17/62 this week. Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated....

running on a 3/16th mile track, no bank, I'd say medium grip what would be a decent gear to start at? Motor is bone stock class we run in a sealed class....the other week we started on a 17/59 and just seemed to get pulled on from the start.......thinking of 17/62 this week. Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated....
Which Track ? What Tires are you on ? What were your air pressures ?

My very first thought was; 3 teeth is a lot! My 2nd thought was; what is the competition running for a gear ratio?
My 3rd thought was; where are they pulling you? Is it through the corners, or down the straight, or both? If it's a both, changing gears is not likely to help. And again, 3 teeth is a lot! There's so many things that could be happening, it's really hard to say what the problem, and the solution, is. It could be that your engine just doesn't make enough horsepower. There are differences in horse power output even in box stock classes. It could be your set up, your jetting, your stagger, your timing, your spark plug, your fuel or maybe others. More, and more detailed, information would be helpful.
You know, if you could find out what the other drivers are doing, and then just copy them, it might help. It wouldn't hurt to ask some questions, as long as you're aware that the answers to your questions may not be exactly right. lol

Us13 in delmar.....maxxis pink and blues......i believe pressures were 5.5lbs or 6lbs
Are you using a tach did you get RPM reading ? Part of your lacking take off is your to low on air, are you confident your tires are close for predator they will not be prepped up as much as other classes.

Back