stock pred gov spring for most RPMS

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
without taking any other mods.. straight from the box. what mods to i need to get the max rpms before the limiter takes over?
my memory is cloudy, do i shorten up the one on the rod? by how much... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Move the governor rod to the far right, and tighten the spring. Anything over 5k is really useless.
feeling a little thick in the head tonight. the rod is connected in the left of two holes. when looking at if from the ON/OFF switch. should i drill a new hole for the spring to go in?? move it to the right hand hole and shorten up the spring that wraps around it??

Here's the answer !
I took a second spring and attached it to the same anchor point. The factory spring is in the hole closest to the gov pivot shaft and the other is at the far outer hole. Closest to the recoil. Together, both springs let the motor idles like it should, but have the strength to hold the gov from activating.

In case anyone else wants to do it. :)

Keep in mind by my own admission I'm no motor guy, but isn't there an adjustment screw where you can just change rpm setting, we have a 5500 rpm max rule on stand I've seen guys adjust them and set from 5000 to 5475.

2nd If there is no rule on gov why not just remove or unhook it ?

Keep in mind by my own admission I'm no motor guy, but isn't there an adjustment screw where you can just change rpm setting, we have a 5500 rpm max rule on stand I've seen guys adjust them and set from 5000 to 5475.

2nd If there is no rule on gov why not just remove or unhook it
yep there is a limiter screw so the throttle will only go as far as you set it.. i didn't want to take the gov out. in case i run into an issue where it needs to be in. I just wanted to see how far i could go with out taking it our. .. going to see if i can pick up a cheap tack to set it at desired RPMs

Well we just got back from a race and this is my third time in a kart I really want to learn as much as I can about them now I’m running regular boxstock class, is there any adjustments I can make to the kart to get a little more speed. The only mod you’re really allowed to add to it is the exhaust. We’re strictly run Burris Tires. Thank you ahead of for the suggestions.

Back