Stock predator 212

Wildshot27

Hello, 1st time posting to bobs, thanks for any insight in advance, ok our local track runs stock predator classes, the rules are 19tooth driver, can remove governor, add 10.8 valve springs, jets can be up to .035 and .020, everything else must be stock,air box, exhaust etc., we took 3 karts a light,a medium, and a heavy, with all the upgrades done, in all 3 classes, ,all 3 karts got lapped, they say it's a tire game but I have a hard time believing, they are outrunning us that bad on their tire knowledge, we are using the same prep, and our tires are duroing in the 60s ,same as everyone else, we wanted to race and obay the rules, but obviously everyone is doing something we're not, sorry so long, any ideas as to how to atleast be competitive?
Oh and karts are weighed out with correct cross and are handling pretty well, getting good bite on the track

Yes, tires can make you look like a hero or zero.
What's your weekly prep regime?
Prepping tires begins on Mondays, not the day of the race.
I guarantee everyone isn't doing the same thing.
How bad was your lap times off to everyone else?
What year and kind of chassis?

Did you put the put the motors on a dyno or just change jets because you could ?
I have 3 stock predators, only one has the jets changed because the others didn't make more power changing them.
19 driver, but what is everyone running on the axle ?
Even with the governor removed or zip tied we still aim for 5250 rpm's max
Tires are huge, along with keeping up with the track changing throughout the day.

Yes, tires can make you look like a hero or zero.
What's your weekly prep regime?
Prepping tires begins on Mondays, not the day of the race.
I guarantee everyone isn't doing the same thing.
How bad was your lap times off to everyone else?
What year and kind of chassis?
Lap times were 3 seconds slower ,I'm using and older banshee chassis but their known for doing very well at this track

I would suggest 5200 rpm is often too high. I start seeing signs of valve float at 4900. My goal is 4850.
They probably do float at 4900, were on a gear rule and with the lowest allowed gear they just touch 5250 at the end of the straights which almost eliminates the need for brakes.

Did you put the put the motors on a dyno or just change jets because you could ?
I have 3 stock predators, only one has the jets changed because the others didn't make more power changing them.
19 driver, but what is everyone running on the axle ?
Even with the governor removed or zip tied we still aim for 5250 rpm's max
Tires are huge, along with keeping up with the track changing throughout the day.
No, I don't have a dyno, or know anyone with one, the jets in the 2 that are hemis seem ok with the .035 and .020, the kart with the non-hemi could only go yp to a .032 and .020,,also everyone is running 19 driver and 58 on the rear axle

No, I don't have a dyno, or know anyone with one, the jets in the 2 that are hemis seem ok with the .035 and .020, the kart with the non-hemi could only go yp to a .032 and .020,,also everyone is running 19 driver and 58 on the rear axle
So the 58 rear is mandatory ?
What are your scale numbers, including cambers, and casters ?
Which tires. ? Details on air pressures and normal prep regime, which prep ?

Lap times were 3 seconds slower ,I'm using and older banshee chassis but their known for doing very well at this track
Yeah, when the track is wet I'll agree.
The banshee can't get out of its own way on tracks that require a 60 duro.

Is it true that predators you want more psi than anything else (clone, flathead, etc)? I was originally told 4 right 3 left but now I am being advised to maybe make all 4 tires like 5.5/6.

Is it true that predators you want more psi than anything else (clone, flathead, etc)? I was originally told 4 right 3 left but now I am being advised to maybe make all 4 tires like 5.5/6.
Yes it's true to maximize potential speed with a predator you ALWAYS need more air, the million $$$$ question is how much more , the more grip any given track is providing at race time, the more that % of how much more increases . Some Examples Early practice Clone 375 Ideally needs a Burris 33 with a lot of a men base prep wiped in it, duro say 44 with 3 lb lefts and 3.5 rights, for Predator that Burris 33 would require min 33 % less prep could duro 48 with 4.8 lb air all 4 tires. Then heat race the Clone may be Burris 33 1 yr old wiped with just a little hard track, Duro 52 on 4.5 lb air lefts and 5 lb rights, Predator would be Fresh New Burris 33 never prepped Duro 56 with 6 lb air lefts and 6.7 Rights. Then Feature Clone 1 yr old more heat cycled straight up never prepped Burris 33, Duro 58 with 5 lb lefts 6 lb rights, Predator would be 2 yr old more heat cycled straight up never prepped Burris 33, Duro 62 with 7 lb lefts 8 lb rights. Then If a Day race on a calcium up track with loads of grip SR Clone is a Burris 33 straight up never prepped 2021 cured Duro 60 with 7 lb air rights and 6 lb lefts, Predator could be Never prepped Burris 33 2020 thinner rubber Duro 64 with 10 lb air lefts and 11 lb rights.

Hello, 1st time posting to bobs, thanks for any insight in advance, ok our local track runs stock predator classes, the rules are 19tooth driver, can remove governor, add 10.8 valve springs, jets can be up to .035 and .020, everything else must be stock,air box, exhaust etc., we took 3 karts a light,a medium, and a heavy, with all the upgrades done, in all 3 classes, ,all 3 karts got lapped, they say it's a tire game but I have a hard time believing, they are outrunning us that bad on their tire knowledge, we are using the same prep, and our tires are duroing in the 60s ,same as everyone else, we wanted to race and obay the rules, but obviously everyone is doing something we're not, sorry so long, any ideas as to how to atleast be competitive?
Oh and karts are weighed out with correct cross and are handling pretty well, getting good bite on the track

Claim their motor.

Back