Stock predator rules

When you have an engine on the market that doesn't have any specs for a tech to follow cheating is prevalent to those who are looking and don't know what they are looking at or for. There has been no training as yet for techs to inspect. I am considering a tech seminar for the predator combined with a lesson on proper procedure of tech tool usage at the Big East Expo on Jan 25 to be held in Dewart/Watsontoen Pa. There are ways to determine if the predator from HF has been worked. If we pay attention to this engine and keep the builders out of it and convince the promotors to let it alone it can be teched
No way to keep the builders out of it, the “customer” begs builder to build. Already have $400-$700 OTB motors racing.
Karter is going to pay, builder will build.

The southern predator group doesnt have a pure box stock class. They have what they call a
" spg" motor. Thats with the weenie pipe stock fuel tank carb and breather. Yes they had a billet fly wheel rule but no longer. I dont know what else you can do on the inside, it's been awhile since I looked at the rules.
The other motor is what they call a " charger". No governor open header with muffler top plate fuel pump and aftermarket air intake and filter. Still "supposed" to stock on the inside.
The only track I found to run otb is in Tennessee. I'm not going to say who. I raced there a few years ago. I quickly found out that stock otb was not stock. Guys were running cl3 cam, better 10.8 springs, and low drag piston rings.
No one said anything as long as you passed the 5500 rpm test.

So really their is no such thing as box stock predators, unless you get the motors from the track and bolt them on and return them .
Thats why I like the LO206, its a sealed motor from Briggs. I've also see were Box Stock has come out with a sealed motor but I haven't seen the seal. I wished DYNO, would have sealed the ducar 212 the briggs done the 206. This would have made tech straight foward and the rules would be set in stone, so it wouldn't matter where you went to race the rules are the same, unlike the clones who have to choose nka or akra rules. I dont know the difference but I have seen track not allow one or the other.
Jmo

Yep. I can go find ads for $350 "box stock predators" here near West Tennessee that don't even come with a clutch.

We had a track a year ago that bought a bunch of engines, and you would bring your own clutch and pill draw for engines. It cost $100 to buy into the class. If an engine won several times, it was taken out of rotation. It produced some good racing, too bad I didn't have a clue what I was doing back then.

I must say that I don't feel like I'm getting beat because of people cheating though, my setup and tires are rarely right. I do run against some cheater engines though.
No way to keep the builders out of it, the “customer” begs builder to build. Already have $400-$700 OTB motors racing.
Karter is going to pay, builder will build.

The southern predator group doesnt have a pure box stock class. They have what they call a
" spg" motor. Thats with the weenie pipe stock fuel tank carb and breather. Yes they had a billet fly wheel rule but no longer. I dont know what else you can do on the inside, it's been awhile since I looked at the rules.
The other motor is what they call a " charger". No governor open header with muffler top plate fuel pump and aftermarket air intake and filter. Still "supposed" to stock on the inside.
The only track I found to run otb is in Tennessee. I'm not going to say who. I raced there a few years ago. I quickly found out that stock otb was not stock. Guys were running cl3 cam, better 10.8 springs, and low drag piston rings.
No one said anything as long as you passed the 5500 rpm test.

So really their is no such thing as box stock predators, unless you get the motors from the track and bolt them on and return them .
Thats why I like the LO206, its a sealed motor from Briggs. I've also see were Box Stock has come out with a sealed motor but I haven't seen the seal. I wished DYNO, would have sealed the ducar 212 the briggs done the 206. This would have made tech straight foward and the rules would be set in stone, so it wouldn't matter where you went to race the rules are the same, unlike the clones who have to choose nka or akra rules. I dont know the difference but I have seen track not allow one or the other.
Jmo
Bunch of tracks running them in SC now, Hanging Rock, Foothills, Outback, just to name a few. Charger is dead, and SPG is dwindling.

Do most track mske their own Predator rules. We have four tracks that I can go to. All of their rules vary. I have suggested they all go to Southern Predator Group rules. Is this a good idea or could you give any suggestions. I know a lot of people gripe about having to buy the aluminum fly wheel but it is for safety. I know it does cost most than the motor but as much money as I have spent over the years 120.00 is not going to make much difference. What kind of rules does yor track use
Thanks
Our tracks do kind make there own rules if I'm not mistaken each track has a little bit different rules for the box stock class

Back