stock stroke

Hey Mr Alvin, I have one for you, I have a predator that I want to put an .80 over stroke crank, with a clone rod, NOW the stock pred rod is 3.308 the stock clone rod 3.303 the stock pred stroke is 2.165 the stock clone stroke is 2.123, SO where would that put my piston in the block with the stoke pred piston

Hey Mr Alvin, I have one for you, I have a predator that I want to put an .80 over stroke crank, with a clone rod, NOW the stock pred rod is 3.308 the stock clone rod 3.303 the stock pred stroke is 2.165 the stock clone stroke is 2.123, SO where would that put my piston in the block with the stoke pred piston
I have no idea, not enough information, and I'm not going to be looking it up anytime soon, sorry.

Kartboy
Are you telling us that you can't do the math yourself?
:sleep:

In post #11 you said "that's not much"
I disagree!
8 tenths of an inch is actually quite a bit to add to the stroke.
I don't know anything about the Predators but i'm wondering if the cylinder is long enough?
You are also using a rod that is .005" shorter.
Does adding .8" to the stroke bring the piston out of the cylinder too much at the bottom?
Does it bring it out so much that the piston binds?

I have never opened a predator either, but I do believe a small part of the wrist pin (maybe .125) will be exposed below the cylinder, so at that angle binding is very likely. But, humor me, with the head off, using stock predator block and piston, and stock clone rod, with a .80 over stroke crank. Let's assume stock the predator was .005 in the hole, it's probably less. So .005 in the hole, .005 shorter rod, raising piston .40 with the .80 over crank. Turn the engine up, piston is .39 above the block deck. Top and probably 2nd ring land are above the deck, allowing rings to spring out, preventing the piston from returning into the cylinder.

Back