straight axle

bdavis

I've basically been a two cycle guy, but I started karting in Ohio when karting started, ie 1957. Not many people know this but karting in Ohio started as 4 cycles, a Lawson Tecumseh, 2 1/4 horse on a Track Rabbit chassis made in Sebring and Galion . $199 total package. scrub brakes and a clutch cable throttle. What a hoot. Dirt oval of course, Uhrichville, Ohio.

Anyway, I've been away from the 4 cycle / oval stuff for a long time.

Don't race much now but I buy and sell good used karts, etc.

I recently took in a "Straight Axle" chassis on trade that actually is pretty nice and I'm setting it up for resale. Actually the term "straight axle" is kind of a misnomer since all rear alxes are obviously straight but they are talking about the front axle, which for those of you out there who know what I'm talking about, means there is a straight bar that travels from front spindle to front spindle.

So, question is: who makes it and how do I contact them?

I'd like to put the original graphics and logos on it but since there aren't any on it now, I don't know what brand it is.

Phantom Gauntlet had a straight (with a slight dip) bar in the front between the spindles/heim front end. Is this an offset chassis?

Bill,
What you have is a Bandit chassis. Good luck getting a hold of anyone at Bandit, I've tried many times with no luck.

Bill,
What you have is a Bandit chassis. Good luck getting a hold of anyone at Bandit, I've tried many times with no luck.

banditracer above put me onto a guy on facebook that has pics of the identical chassis which has some Bandit logaos on it. so it's a bandit. Thanks. Is Bandit out of business ?

Didn't Jimmy White of White Chassis make a Sprint Kart with a straight front axle in the early 90's? I thought I saw one at a kart show in the Midwest then at his Vendor display. The axle sat on pillow blocks that were solidly mounted to the side frame rails as I recall.

Dave E.

Back